TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Air Suspension Service Warning

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DanL50, May 9, 2018.

1. DanL50

DanL50 Member

March 2018 S75D. Less than three weeks and have had 6-8 air suspension service warnings. First one "fixed" at SC by "re-calibrating the sensors". Next instance was fixed by hard reset per call to Tesla Assistance. Subsequent ones disappear after car is parked and restarted - I just quit calling.
    So I started measuring height at all 4 wheels. Three measurement sets made so far at Standard, one set each at L, H and VH.
    Results are attached. Maybe a cumbersome format, but shows the height irregularity across settings.
    My impression - why bother with 4 levels. The total maximum height difference from L to VH is only about 1-3/4" (~4.5cm). And the L and S settings almost overlap, as do the H and VH settings. The heights at any setting differ from wheel to wheel and when measured at different times.
    I need to get more measurements, but the few made seem indicative of a pretty low precision, low repeatability system.
    My questions are what are the height changes supposed to be? Are they supposed to be more repeatable? Are these measurements similar to other 2017-18 MS's, or indicative of a problem per the warning pop-ups (which Tesla says are not an issue if they pop up and then go away)? Tesla Suspension w.jpg

2. KArnold

KArnold Member

I don't know the answer to your question but if you've gone this far, maybe repeat with tires/ suspension warm - maybe there is a leak.

I've never seen that popup message. I think something isn't right here .

Arent tires supposed to have 45 PSI?

3. DanL50

DanL50 Member

Since first post, more air suspension warnings. Tesla Service is amazing....fit the car into service schedule immediately.
    First diagnosis: faulty suspension control module. They overnighted the part and installed new module. Initial test result - problem solved.
    Went to pick up car - warning popped up again. New diagnosis based on events being seen in other S's nationally: faulty air compressor.
    New compressor being installed tonight, test drive and air shock P checks tomorrow. Hope this solves the problem.
    Tesla is going all out on addressing this, but still a bit disappointing in a 3 week old S.
    Any similar problems/fixes out there?

4. DanL50

DanL50 Member

New control module and new compressor solved problem.