Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension Stuck on Very High on rears

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

StephenM

Dec 23, 2012
Not sure if someone else had this issue before so here goes...

2013 P85 21" turbines with 75k miles. I ran lowering links for a while for a better look but the increased wear and reduced efficiency was more than I expected so I switched back to the stock links. Problem is now the rear of the car rides on very high height from the look of it no matter what setting I put my suspension to. The front looks normal. I tried switching back to the lower links to see if it would go back but it's still riding at max height. Any ideas what went wrong?

Yes, you flipped the sensor arm up so now it's pivoting the wrong way when the link acts on it.

Imagine your knee or elbow "bending the wrong way"... that's what you've done with the sensor arm.

Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be what it was so I tried flipping the arm down but it still rode at the same height. Then I had to take my car in to replace the MCU and when it came back it was riding normal. I asked them what they did and they said they didn't touch the suspension and only reset and replaced the MCU. Color me puzzled, but just happy its back to normal.