TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Air suspension too high error

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by MrOteece, Mar 10, 2013.

1. MrOteece

MrOteece Member

I have to go into very high mode to get into my garage (steep downhill). A couple of times, it has complained that the air suspension was too high when I got back in the following morning. Something to worry about? Should I be lowering it after parking? That would be a pain, and I suspect I'd forget to raise it the following morning.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I've had the error a couple of times when set to Very High. Not sure why. Doesn't seem to hurt anything.

3. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

One theory is that the air in the suspension will expand a bit in a warmer environment (like a heated garage), and give the car the impression that it is raised too high if parked at the Very High setting.

Since you are in California, that may not be your case though... :smile:

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

That is what was explained to me by the service center when I reported it. I was told that I should only be worried if the error stays after driven a few hundred feet or so.

5. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

This happens to me almost everyday when Im in very high and pull out of my driveway over a slight bump.