TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Air suspension when braking

Discussion in 'Model X' started by steilkurve, Jul 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Been noticing that my Model X air suspension seems to be releasing a bit of air when I wake up the car using the app or when I stop at a red light. Not always but often enough. Is this normal. Thanks in advance for the info.

2. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Yes, both are normal. The air suspension isn’t always-on when your car is off, and waking the app probably triggers the air suspension to re-level.

Furthermore, stopping or slowing to a very slow speed tends to trigger the system to re-level too. It always surprises my passengers that at slow speeds my Model S makes sounds like a cyborg on a ventilator, but it’s normal.

3. steilkurve

steilkurve Member

Thanks. Had an S before and never noticed it but do on my new X.

4. Tiger

Tiger Member

I would classify this a Tesla sound deadening issue. I'd rather not hear any hisses and pisses from the car.