Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my car this morning. I got a Pearl white 60 with pano, ap 2.0, black alcantara headliner and matte obeche wood. I did not opt for the air suspension but have second thoughts. Any other things that are must haves? Is air ride worth it?

Active suspension works only with the air option. I don't know the plans by Tesla are but others are doing active dynamic suspension i.e. the outer suspension are harder in bends. I think there is room for enhancements by software. If you are going for full pressure on the tires (max. load / pressure which lowers the Wh/mi) I think it's worth thinking about the option.

I presume being able to lower at speed would help aerodynamics?

I put an adjustable air suspension on my Harley and changing ride height is very useful.
Not recommended. The change in camber will eat your tires. Use it for curbs, easier to get out, doors not hitting curbs when opened, speed bumps, and steep driveways like mine where it will scrape if not elevated..

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
Not recommended. The change in camber will eat your tires. Use it for curbs, easier to get out, doors not hitting curbs when opened, speed bumps, and steep driveways like mine where it will scrape if not elevated..

Would using lowering links and then running the suspension one mode higher than normal save your tires but give you benefits of a lower stance?