Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air vs adaptive suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I’m thinking about buying a used MS performance for around $60k. My biggest concern is the ride quality. I drove a Raven and the suspension felt just right. Does air suspension in say a 2016 model give a similar ride? I’ll probably go with 19” wheels. I ended up selling my model 3 due to the harsh ride. Thanks

Hi. I’m thinking about buying a used MS performance for around $60k. My biggest concern is the ride quality. I drove a Raven and the suspension felt just right. Does air suspension in say a 2016 model give a similar ride? I’ll probably go with 19” wheels. I ended up selling my model 3 due to the harsh ride. Thanks

I have a 2015 P85D with + suspension.

Also drove a raven refresh recently and the raven is much softer (which I personally did not like).

I cannot comment on the standard performance suspension.

i traded in an 2016 S550...it's not a fair apples to apples comparison...however, the ride is 90% of the smoothness of the MB. The 2016 S was the smoothest i ever owned in 3 decades with MB. My hubs is most critical of how cars ride (he drives a 911..((not so smooth..HAHA)) he is totally cool with my X. He has no complaints! i think the Raven has really made it great riding with the new suspension.

Glad we got a Raven S as ride quality matters to me, coming from a Lexus LS 460. Like the post above, I feel the Raven air suspension provides 90% comfort of the big Lexus.

I initially looked at used S/X but the X had horrible ride quality, even on 20s. I have had three 2018 S 75D loaners and they definitely ride harsher than the Raven refresh. I don't think I could live with the pre-Raven ride quality. Here's some data from one of the YouTube reviews:

Screenshot_20191126-151729_YouTube.jpg