Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airbag light on...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone my airbag warning light is on. When I press the brake all the warning lights clear, but the airbag light goes out and then comes back on. I recently vaccuumed my car and I think with moving the seat back and forth to its extreme positions (all the way forward/back) something may have come loose. There are a lot of connectors under the seat, so I’m not sure which ones to check. I do see a loose gray connector with white tape on the end of it, but I don’t see a place where it would have plugged in... maybe that’s one of those extra plugs for future/old accessories? Or maybe that’s my problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• 377FCD1A-BB3E-4C75-B523-8FDC56957B70.jpeg
    377FCD1A-BB3E-4C75-B523-8FDC56957B70.jpeg
    624.5 KB · Views: 1,092
Yeah, like I said that gray connector (with the white tape around the end of it) is loose... it does not have much slack and I don't see anything nearby (although it's difficult to see) where it would connect. If anyone can look under their seat and tell me if that thing goes up/down/left/right it would be helpful to try and find where it goes.

This is an old post, but I will provide an update. I took it into the SC and initially they said it was the wiring harness. After replacing that it didn’t fix the issue and they eventually replaced my entire passenger seat which ultimately fixed my issue. Been good to go since they fixed it.

Reactions: RealDeal