Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airbag warning light and RCM_a045 notification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m rebuilding a 2019 model 3. The airbags didn’t deploy but I have an airbag warning light. I had the airbag module data reset thinking that it might a stored impact code but still getting the airbag warning light.

Does anyone know watch notification code is rcm_a045 indicates?

I spoke to Tesla service but it’s secret info and they won’t tell me unless I bring the car in for diagnostics. I would but unfortunately that would require a flat bed until the repairs are complete.

Any help is appreciated.

I’m curious about this because I hit a concrete wall directly head on going 70 mph and my airbag didn’t deploy and my seatbelt didn’t engage. I’m honestly lucky to be alive. My car is now at the repair shop and it is now putting up that safety restraint system fault code RCM_a045 and NO ONE at Tesla would call me back. I was injured pretty badly in the accident because I slammed into the steering wheel with both my face & chest. No one seems to care that the safety equipment didn’t work since I don’t have brain damage and I’m not dead. I honestly don’t know what to do. This obviously is a serious safety concern.

I’m rebuilding a 2019 model 3. The airbags didn’t deploy but I have an airbag warning light. I had the airbag module data reset thinking that it might a stored impact code but still getting the airbag warning light.

Does anyone know watch notification code is rcm_a045 indicates?

I spoke to Tesla service but it’s secret info and they won’t tell me unless I bring the car in for diagnostics. I would but unfortunately that would require a flat bed until the repairs are complete.

Any help is appreciated.
Where you able to find a fix? I have the same problem