Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airflow visualization on V9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4403F9B0-3B84-418E-8066-B7BBAE800D41.jpeg

Yeah, I love it. While I had nothing against the old visualization, I always had to explain to people how it worked and what they were looking at. This is perfectly intuitive.
One thing I hate about the new visuals is that there is no way to tell if the AC is on or the heater is on. Would be nice for the airflow to turn orange or something if the heater is on.

One thing I hate about the new visuals is that there is no way to tell if the AC is on or the heater is on. Would be nice for the airflow to turn orange or something if the heater is on.

Huh...I never thought of that. Of course, I just set the temp, and let the computer decide whether to blow hot air or cold air. Is there a way to manually switch? I know there is for the defrost, but I've never even checked for the AC/Heat...

Huh...I never thought of that. Of course, I just set the temp, and let the computer decide whether to blow hot air or cold air. Is there a way to manually switch? I know there is for the defrost, but I've never even checked for the AC/Heat...
Not as far as I know. The only time it's a problem is when I park in a shaded area and the cabin temperature is lower than I like but the outside temperate is warmer than I like. There will be a few minutes when the heater is on as the cabin temperature rises.

Also lost some functionality. You can no longer move a controlled stream of air to the side (like a window) without it diffusing and going in both directions. It would also be nice if the airflow changed according to the fan speed, as the visualization looks ridiculous when the AC is set to fan speed 1.

I liked the older one better, though, as another poster said, this looks far more impressive