Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airport parking winter for 15 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, just sharing my experience with my Tesla 3 that I parked for 15 days at Incheon Airport during winter time.
I charged my car up to 90%, took the trip from Seoul to Incheon about 50km. Arrived there with 74%. Then let my car outside for 15 days on temperature going from -15 to 2 degres Celsius. I came back and was happy to see that I have lost only 2% so I was ar 72%. Then drive back to Seoul and arrived at home with 55%. So no issue for me to leave my Tesla 3 2022 during winter on an airport parking!

off of course. sentry mode uses around 200wh.
From what others reported, Sentry mode uses about 5% of battery per day. Assuming this is true which we don't know for sure, when battery is down to 20% then the Sentry mode would be automatically off.

So assuming that we got to airport parking with 80% battery capacity left then we have 60% for use with Sentry mode. At 5% battery depletion per day , that would give us 12 days parking with Sentry mode on, which to me better than none.

Am I crazy or what by not using it?

Hi everyone, just sharing my experience with my Tesla 3 that I parked for 15 days at Incheon Airport during winter time.
I charged my car up to 90%, took the trip from Seoul to Incheon about 50km. Arrived there with 74%. Then let my car outside for 15 days on temperature going from -15 to 2 degres Celsius. I came back and was happy to see that I have lost only 2% so I was ar 72%. Then drive back to Seoul and arrived at home with 55%. So no issue for me to leave my Tesla 3 2022 during winter on an airport parking!
People freak out about long term parking. But turning off sentry mode barely eats battery. Even in my garage I leave sentry mode the charge will go down 4% in a day when I work at home. But parking with out center mode like we did in my last 3 week vacation the battery loss stabilized after a few days and barely moves. So people stop worrying.