TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

airport security and wall charger

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BRB23, Aug 13, 2016.

1. BRB23

BRB23 New Member

Wondering if anyone has any experience flying with a tesla wall charger? I am flying out to visit a friend and asked me to bring his wall charger for his new house. Can I pack it checked baggage and expect it to arrive safety. Tsa reply was .... the final decision is upon the agent.
    Just wanted to see if there was any one with experience.

2. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

I would just check it.

There isn't anything about it that is dangerous or on the restricted list.

3. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

You should be fine. Nothing in it should stand out as harmful. Worse comes to worse, you explain you the TSA what it is. I fly all the time with extreme amounts of electronics and it's never been worse than explaining why I have so much stuff.

4. kort677

kort677 Active Member

why would you question if you'd be able to check it in? or even bring it in a carry on? I carry and check all sorts of electronic devices all the time, every once in awhile they'll give it a closer look but I've never had any sort of an issue with my equipment when flying.

5. BRB23

BRB23 New Member

No issues. Arrived safe and sound. I don't fly but once every ten years or so. Thanks

• Like x 2