Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm function greyed out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the logic behind it is - why would you turn the alarm off - given the fact that there are many options to switch off internal sensors etc. But if it’s not selectable then from an interface point of view it shouldn’t be there.

I don’t think you can completely switch the alarm off on any Thatcham certified car?

You switch off tilt/intrusion.
And how do you go about doing that? The manual indicates the path to be Controls > Safety & Security >Tilt/Intrusion, but on my 2019 M3 I don't see Tilt /Intrusion, even if I make sure that Sentry is not on as several posts have indicated. After I select Controls, I see only Safety, not Safety & Security.

Can someone please walk me through the process step-by-step? For those of us who take ferries from time to time, there must be a way to avoid triggering an alarm if the ferry is rolling and pitching as they often do...?

Thank you.

My Daughter's X had a window smashed, drivers door opened and various things taken (at the house, night time). The alarm was on throughout but didn't activate.
Sorry to hear that, if the car was locked then I would have hoped that they wouldn't be able to open doors from the inside except of course expecting the emergency opening to still work.