Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm keeps going off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My alarm has been going off recently in the middle of the night on my model 3, twice last night. Car and house cams picking up nothing. Didnt even get a mobile notification of it being triggered the recent times.

I will check during day if theres a fly inside. Ive just disabled tilt/intrusion for now, not sure if that will do anything.

My big problem is I am away for a week tomorrow and the car will be parked at home. Any way i can keep it powered off so alarm doesnt trigger and annoy neighbours? Does POWER OFF do this? Or does the alarm ignore power state?

Would you please take a picture of your settings? Mine doesn't have any such configuration
Believe it's standard on European m3s (not sure). Looks like it re-enables each time you drive, so had to turn it off again when parked.

Couldn't see a fly inside, sprayed RAID all over just in case.

Attachments

• 20220416_103800.jpg
    20220416_103800.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 1,390
  • Informative
Reactions: SMAlset and PACEMD
My wife had a small plastic bottle in the car, and the bottle would expand a bit when the car warmed up in the sun, or crimp when the car cooled down again in the evening. The movement of that bottle caused the alarm to go beserk…..

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
Believe it's standard on European m3s (not sure). Looks like it re-enables each time you drive, so had to turn it off again when parked.

Thanks for the informative photo.

I don't think turning your car off will cut off the alarm due to the nature of the alarm.

Your photo has an option to toggle "security alarm" on and off. I would try that.

Unfortunately that setting is disabled
Maybe you can't toggle Security Alarm on and off at will because it requires something?

Did you try to reset the computer by holding down continuously on both 2 scrolling wheels on the steering wheel?

Turning on the car by pressing the brake to make sure the gear PRND is on, then make sure the Park is on?

Mothshoe, did you resolve? I have same car and issues and can’t toggle alarm button off despite cam mode being off. UK spec M3, only just started after 2 years and now happened 3 times in 2 days. Car hasn’t been driven for 3 weeks due to holidays and covid but is 50% charged, very odd!

Mothshoe, did you resolve? I have same car and issues and can’t toggle alarm button off despite cam mode being off. UK spec M3, only just started after 2 years and now happened 3 times in 2 days. Car hasn’t been driven for 3 weeks due to holidays and covid but is 50% charged, very odd!
It just stopped after I'd sprayed RAID inside. I disabled sentry and tilt sensors and things for a few days too.
I'm guessing there was a midge or something inside

It just stopped after I'd sprayed RAID inside. I disabled sentry and tilt sensors and things for a few days too.
I'm guessing there was a midge or something inside
I was sat in the car reading this thread after a similar problem - texts from neighbours saying the alarm kept going off. Said to myself “but there’s no flies” - and then one landed on my arm. Tiny little blighter. I also sprayed RAID and lo and behold problem solved. I’ve never come across such a sensitive sensor before.