Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm & Kids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I've owned a M3 LR for 4 weeks now and absolutely love it.

Other than I've had an error message for 3 weeks advising that the charge flap can no longer be opened on push which i need to book in for i would believe i was also wondering how the alarm works, particularly with kids in mind.

Formerly when I had an Audi i was able to turn off the alarm and lock the kids in the car whilst popping in to a supermarket.

In the M3 in but convinced you can do this as the alarm toggle button is faded out so how could I keep the kids safe in the car without them activating the alarm?

Many thanks.

Camp mode works also, and may be a better option. From the manual:

Camp Mode allows you to power electronics through the USB ports and 12V outlet in addition to maintaining the cabin temperature. The touchscreen remains on so you can play music, browse the internet, play games in the arcade, or watch shows in Tesla Theater. You can also control media and climate settings from a paired phone. Camp Mode is ideal for remaining inside your vehicle, such as camping or staying with a child.
NOTE: In Camp Mode, Sentry Mode and the vehicle alarm system are disabled.