Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm on unlock issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do wonder if sometimes they do updates on the background as I'm 2022.8.3 and this randomly started happening a few weeks ago, generally only one or two beeps. However have been on this version since march. Puzzling
It would be impossible to maintain any software if undocumented changes were made to a device.
Perhaps there's another factor at play other than build date.

I’ve been having this happen with my car for quite a while now. It used to happen pretty infrequently, but has certainly increased over the last few weeks.

This happens at home, but also when parked away from home. This also happens with all doors - not just driver door.

I’ve been having this happen with my car for quite a while now. It used to happen pretty infrequently, but has certainly increased over the last few weeks.

This happens at home, but also when parked away from home. This also happens with all doors - not just driver door.
The key factor seems to be if the car was asleep. People are mentioning it happening at home as this is the place that the car is most likely to sleep.
What version of software do you have? Also when and where was your car built/delivered?

Has anyone else noticed that it only ever happens at home and that only when it is parked at specific places on the driveway?
I think it is the time betweenwhen the car unlocks due to proximity and when you open the door. If i approach the drivers directly door it is more likely to happen than if i walk around the car so it may be to do with how you park at home and how you approach the car

I think it is the time betweenwhen the car unlocks due to proximity and when you open the door. If i approach the drivers directly door it is more likely to happen than if i walk around the car so it may be to do with how you park at home and how you approach the car
It can certainly happen anywhere, and I’m not convinced it has anything to do with the car sleeping. I’ve had the alarm go off on opening the driver’s door when it has only been closed for a couple of minutes. Not worrying because I’m trading in very shortly and it will be someone else’s problem!

Service told us (for my wifes M3) it is a known software issue, that will be fixed in a upcoming, hopefully next, update.
If it really bothers, use keycard and turn off remote entry as a temporary fix.