TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Alarm turned off in settings. Goes back on by itself.

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by arubinst, Jul 24, 2018.

1. arubinst

arubinst Member

Hi there,

My X100D is on 2016.26. I turned off the alarm in Safety & Security Settings because it goes off in my underground parking garage (condo) for no apparent reason.

But the damn setting keeps going back on! Since I'm in Europe, we have additional sensors and settings for tilt/intrusion and that option also toggles back on by itself.

Has anyone experienced this behaviour?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Was it by itself, or when the/a new firmware was loaded? That happens quite frequently, and it pays to check settings for things that are important (to you, lol).

But randomly, I've not noticed. I've had air suspension reset itself to full auto, but that was probably another 'firmware did it'.

3. arubinst

arubinst Member

It actually happens each and every time I "turn off" the car. I disable the alarm, walk away until the mirrors fold, go back in the car and the alarm is back on.

This is really annoying!

4. nurp

nurp New Member

I'm trying to sleep in the back of the car and alarm starts after few minutes. Maybe you have something heavy on your seats so it things there's someone in the car