Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alas, new problem: Windshield Stress Fracture. Anyone else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to dig up an old thread, but I just experienced the exact same stress fracture on my 2012 CPO. When I drove into the garage last night it was fine, but this morning suddenly the crack was there. No road debris, no rock chips, no impact. Hoping service center can replace under warranty as others were able to do. Pic attached.

Attachments

• 20180105_095023.jpg
    20180105_095023.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 102
Not to dig up an old thread, but I just experienced the exact same stress fracture on my 2012 CPO. When I drove into the garage last night it was fine, but this morning suddenly the crack was there. No road debris, no rock chips, no impact. Hoping service center can replace under warranty as others were able to do. Pic attached.

They replaced mine under warranty. They did check pretty carefully for obvious chips/impact marks, but said unless it was obviously an impact, they always replace under warranty. Looks like we have similarly aged cars, my VIN is P02413.

Update: drove to Fremont Service, at first the advisor said he had never seen cracks being covered, but then he asked a manager and got it approved. He said they had the part but need to call in someone to install it, which I thought was strange, how come nobody on site can replace windshields?

But at least it will get taken care of, while I drive around in my Infinite Q50 loaner...

3FAF3E53-3489-450E-86E9-0E0037492405.jpeg
I just got this issue on my model 3 rear windshield and it appears to be growing slowly. Ive got an appointment in 2 weeks in my home state of NJ to fix it but currently im on a road trip to Maine. Should i do something before the appointment? Is this dangerous? Im driving with the family so dont want it putting them in danger.