Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alaska Highway Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did my Tesla Tijuana To Tundra Tour (T5) in August of 2014. Took nine days from the Canadian border to Fairbanks, most of it on the Alcan highway. Has anyone else done this? Should be easy with a model 3.
I am actually curious how your trip went. You don't have to list every place you charged, but just your general strategy. I see almost nothing on Plugshare. Did you just use RV Parks and Campgrounds? Did you call ahead every time? This is a trip I intend to make in my Tesla at some point. I did it in an ICE about 13 years ago.

I am actually curious how your trip went. You don't have to list every place you charged, but just your general strategy. I see almost nothing on Plugshare. Did you just use RV Parks and Campgrounds? Did you call ahead every time? This is a trip I intend to make in my Tesla at some point. I did it in an ICE about 13 years ago.

Ditto! I replied to your post on TTAC, GuyHall. I am very interested to hear about your trip.

Power trip: Journey in electric car ends in Fairbanks

Last edited:
Working on a write up.
An Alaska Challenge

A good time for this post...

Fred Meyer is now hosting Juneau, as well as Alaska’s, second fast charging station, located at a Fred Meyer. There are 2 CHAdeMO chargers and 2 J1772 chargers. I was also really excited to see this in the description! This is going to be a great year for Superchargers in Alaska and Northern BC. I will be enjoying this!
429CB40E-4703-45A4-A917-7ABDA3950BCF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit that it's been a very long time now since I last provided the Tesla SpC team information about Alaska's road system and details as to where SpC positioning makes sense. The sad triumph of experience over hopefulness.

Bizarre. I check tesla.com's map relatively frequently and never have seen that....and it's not on the map right now, either.

But I cannot think the last time I checked a list like that. Probably not for 2-3 years.

Let's call it a few camel nose whiskers under the tent, ¿agree?

It’s all over the Alaska Tesla Owners FB page. Aside from this, the State of AK is required to spend some $700k on EV infrastructure from the VW dieselgate settlement. Plans are in the works and a contractor is to be chosen this month to do the installs and maintenance contract. The plan calls for 5-7 DC fast chargers located along Alaska’s hwy system.

Great...in a sense, but the amount of work that gets done in AK for $700K makes that a bit of a giggle, I am afraid. Five to seven fast chargers? I really don't think so.....

Reactions: Falcon73
I hope but also really think that I will have some news for all of you and the AK Tesla Owners folks that is both good and surprising in the not distant future. Unlike a certain M Musk, however, I'm only going to tease you, not shoot my mouth off.

Morning all!!

I happened to check out Tesla | Find Us this morning and I was amazed to see some new additions to the map. From Anchorage to Edmonton, the AlCan Highway will be Supercharged!

49C25087-9755-45ED-8192-781260775DC9.jpeg
From Anchorage, AK
Talkeetna, AK
Cantwell, AK
Clear, AK
Fairbanks, AK
Delta Jct., AK
Tok, AK

3BB8FF50-D3CF-4E17-8F44-5282EC4B8511.jpeg
Tok, AK
Beaver Creek, YT
Quill Creek, YT
Haines Jct., YT
Whitehorse, YT

DB6302CE-7C77-481A-BFB6-B07EA1C7CC70.jpeg
Whitehorse, YT
Teslin, YT
Swift River, YT
Watson Lake, YT
Liard River, BC

2059E86F-DD24-4513-AECA-93E65CD508F9.jpeg
Liard River, BC
Toad River, BC
Fort Nelson, BC
Buckinghorse River, BC
Fort St John, BC

245F87B8-5295-4A24-9D6C-826E7BF07F36.jpeg (Sorry, last thumbnail will work if you click on the link <=)
Fort St John, BC
Grande Prairie, AB
Fox Creek, AB
to Edmonton, AB

They also added Edson, AB! All locations have a targeted completion date of 2020. In the meantime, you can check it out on Tesla’s website (Find Us | Tesla) and write to tell them they should get these Superchargers under construction! Man, this is just amazing!!

Morning all!!

I happened to check out Tesla | Find Us this morning and I was amazed to see some new additions to the map. From Anchorage to Edmonton, the AlCan Highway will be Supercharged!

View attachment 528246
From Anchorage, AK
Talkeetna, AK
Cantwell, AK
Clear, AK
Fairbanks, AK
Delta Jct., AK
Tok, AK

View attachment 528247
Tok, AK
Beaver Creek, YT
Quill Creek, YT
Haines Jct., YT
Whitehorse, YT

View attachment 528249
Whitehorse, YT
Teslin, YT
Swift River, YT
Watson Lake, YT
Liard River, BC

View attachment 528250
Liard River, BC
Toad River, BC
Fort Nelson, BC
Buckinghorse River, BC
Fort St John, BC

View attachment 528278 (Sorry, last thumbnail will work if you click on the link <=)
Fort St John, BC
Grande Prairie, AB
Fox Creek, AB
to Edmonton, AB

They also added Edson, AB! All locations have a targeted completion date of 2020. In the meantime, you can check it out on Tesla’s website (Find Us | Tesla) and write to tell them they should get these Superchargers under construction! Man, this is just amazing!!
It's a bit odd that they don't include Dawson Creek BC which, after all is "Mile zero" for the Alaskan Hwy.

Good work Marco! I assume that you posted this from your stop at Tok Junction.