Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alaska Tesla Adventure!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite our hiccup, we have continued to have a good trip. We did Denali the last two days (including zip lining) and are now in Anchorage. We are headed to Seward tomorrow to do the glacier cruise. Also, we did our first Alaska supercharger today!
And the shipping is going to work. We are adding a trip to Homer and flying home on the 27th.
IMG_1577.jpegIMG_1595.jpegIMG_1598.jpegIMG_1604.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1561.jpeg
    IMG_1561.jpeg
    508.8 KB · Views: 59
Red Goat Lodge now has WiFi! We had a good drive here and arrived with about 30 miles of range to spare. I’m plugged into the dryer outlet, which I got the ok for when I made the reservation. But, the grumpy owner guy was mumbling that he doesn’t want to allow it anymore. So, if anyone is planning to come this way in the future, make sure to check ahead of time.
The location is beautiful. We went canoeing on the lake. Perfect weather for it
Can’t post photos for some reason.
I was supposed to be doing this trip around now too, but my passport was expired....
I had called said grumpy owner guy and he asked me to bring a 50 amp twist-lock to nema 14-50 adapter so he could hook people up with his welder extension cord(s) "Then we can really screw 'em over!" (referring to EV owners I suppose..). His kids also run the place sometimes I hear, and they are much nicer. I would have brought him that adapter if my passport had been valid...Glad you are doing well!

Reactions: IdaX
I was supposed to be doing this trip around now too, but my passport was expired....
I had called said grumpy owner guy and he asked me to bring a 50 amp twist-lock to nema 14-50 adapter so he could hook people up with his welder extension cord(s) "Then we can really screw 'em over!" (referring to EV owners I suppose..). His kids also run the place sometimes I hear, and they are much nicer. I would have brought him that adapter if my passport had been valid...Glad you are doing well!
I had heard the same thing about the kids. Evidently they are normally running the place by this time of year but aren’t for some reason this year.

Reactions: MikeGracz and IdaX
I was thinking about making this trip.... but it seems much longer and bigger deal than I thought. The drive home has always been the hardest. I never thought of just flying back and having my vehicle shipped. Interesting.....
It does take some effort and it is a long drive, but I think it is worth it. Either shipping the car home or taking the ferry makes it a lot easier. They also keep building out the charging infrastructure. There is at least one major addition since I took my trip.

Reactions: IdaX
I was thinking about making this trip.... but it seems much longer and bigger deal than I thought. The drive home has always been the hardest. I never thought of just flying back and having my vehicle shipped. Interesting.....
Easier every year. There are more and more charging options. However, it is a good plan to not have time pressure!

Reactions: GleanerC and IdaX