Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Alberta Tesla Buying Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please tell me your experience buying Tesla from Calgary, AB. Because I had really poor experience getting the quote. I had to follow up with 4 sales persons in Calgary to get price quote for Model S. No one approached me in spite of promising a call back. I have sent follow up emails to all, left voice mail. No one replied. I am surprised to have this kind of careless service.

I am not sure if anyone has the same experience. I like Tesla but the people who are working in sales in Calgary are not professional.

I don't understand. The prices are on the web site. Tesla doesn't do the dealership thing where they give out a MSRP and the dealer tries to sucker the customer out of as much money as they can.

If you want you can order the car online and not set foot in a store.

Please tell me your experience buying Tesla from Calgary, AB. Because I had really poor experience getting the quote. I had to follow up with 4 sales persons in Calgary to get price quote for Model S. No one approached me in spite of promising a call back. I have sent follow up emails to all, left voice mail. No one replied. I am surprised to have this kind of careless service.

I am not sure if anyone has the same experience. I like Tesla but the people who are working in sales in Calgary are not professional.

As S'toon mentioned, you can order online (at tesla.com or for CPO, at https://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned?source=models-features0&type=preowned). I still think you should get responses from Tesla personnel. You might want to contact [email protected] about this.

I can understand your frustration, Edmonton Buyer. Most of the sales force at the Calgary Store probably know less about the car than you do. I've been there a few times and the few people I talked to were clueless. My brother in law (a hard core Tesla fan) had applied for a sales position but they turned him down because he had no sales experience. They pretty much said they would take a kid who sold cell phones than a big Tesla fan who is an Engineer. If you want a competent person to talk to phone Toronto or Vancouver like my friend and I did last year and ask for someone who has been there for a while.

Btw, if you want to buy a Tesla, look at the inventory cars in Vancouver. They had a few left at the old price (before the near $10k increase on Feb. 8). May not be optioned as you want but you could save a bundle, if they are had not been googled up by now.

Also, feel free to PM me. In the last six months I got one, my best friend got one, and my brother got one. Different configurations each.

It's too bad your experience has been negative. I bought a Tesla just before Christmas. We went down to the Calgary store for a test drive and I found our advisor knowledgeable and helpful. But remember, they don't sell you the car, they just help you decide if a Tesla is the car for you and what options you may want to get with it. The rest you do online (unless you want an inventory car like we did. Then they can help you find out what is available.)

Maybe they've had some staff turnover or other struggles. You can likely get any questions you have answered here faster and more accurately than asking an advisor anyway!

Rob

• Disagree
Reactions: S-dog