Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album Art Disappears in 2020.48.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes I wonder if it's purposeful just to get people to give up on local media and pay for the streaming subscription. Why does sentry cam stop working if I have both my sentry cam USB and my music plugged in and force me to reset the entire computer to get it working again? Why doesn't the music pick up where I left off when I got out of my car? Why can't I listen to all of my albums sequentially?

Hello all and happy holidays. We recently updated our cars to 2020.48.12.1 and the album art that used to display when playing songs from the USB drive, no longer appears. I've tried rebooting both screens, removing and reinserting the USB drive, all to no avail. Anyone else seeing this?
Yes it is a major complaint of mine, I do not need all the other stupid games and such but want my music to work properly. Not sure what incompetent person does this stuff it cannot be that difficult to do it right.

Sometimes I wonder if it's purposeful just to get people to give up on local media and pay for the streaming subscription. Why does sentry cam stop working if I have both my sentry cam USB and my music plugged in and force me to reset the entire computer to get it working again? Why doesn't the music pick up where I left off when I got out of my car? Why can't I listen to all of my albums sequentially?
These posts in another thread should solve one of your issues, getting your music to resume where it left off, albeit with a silly workaround:

try this: open the driver's door. do not get in. wait to see if usb music starts...maybe 30 seconds. it won't...so close the door. then open it right back up and the usb music resumes.

stupid? yes.

A really, really really annoying work around that works? yes.

will Tesla fix? no.

that is all.

YMMV

SucreTease, you should while still outside the car shutting your door and then opening it again. For me it usually starts playing properly after the second opening, but sometimes I have to close it a 2nd or even a 3rd time. It also tends to resume properly if I have opened and closed the rear hatch of my Model X before opening the front door. Been this way for me for over 2 3/4 years. It is just amazing that they have not fixed it yet after all this time.

**Sorry just saw you got the same advise from finman100. I guess it does not hurt to hear it from 2 people.