Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album art doesn't update anymore.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yep last update caused a few bugs for me, album art updates on center screen not on driver screen between songs, keeps first song as the image when playing next song. Also noticed the Map spinning as if the compass is going crazy when stopped.

yep last update caused a few bugs for me, album art updates on center screen not on driver screen between songs, keeps first song as the image when playing next song. Also noticed the Map spinning as if the compass is going crazy when stopped.

Yes, same for me. I was talking about the driver's screen. Never noticed whether it did it on the center screen because I never really keep it on music.

I just noticed yesterday that mine switches correctly on the driver's screen when I have two windows open on the center screen (like navigation and music), but when I switch the center screen to full screen navigation, the driver's screen album art graphic gets stuck.
Chalk up another victim. Very annoying behavior.

I mentioned this errant behavior in the "firmware thread".

In my experience, when you enter a freeway, it zooms way out. When you exit a freeway, it goes back to the zoom level you originally set before you entered the freeway. This behavior has been consistent across many, many firmware updates. I'm on 2018.36.2 now.
Yeah im used to it doing that but now it zooms in at like the max setting only when I exit a freeway to a normal street.

I posted this issue in the slacker thread above as well as the firmware thread. So yes, it seems to be a common issue.

A couple posts up someone mentioned the center screen. In the slacker thread someone posted that if you keep the center screen showing album art and then hit the forward button, the album art is correct in both places. I never show album/radio info on the center screen so im disappointed. Hoping the v9 fixes this problem.

I just wish the music player would prioritize artwork embedded in the files being steamed by Bluetooth before applying what it presumably scrapes off the internet. For me, Tesla’s are often wrong or sometimes blank and can sometimes even vary between tracks on the same album. When playing podcasts they are laughably (but frustratingly) wrong.

My media files are meticulously tagged so while I am fine with this being a low priority niggle I can shrug off, it does actually bother me.

Reactions: emmz0r