Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album Art not displayed when streaming Spotify via bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been having this issue where I can't get the album art to display on the center screen nor the IC of my Model S (MCU 2, 2018) when streaming certain songs on Spotify from my iPhone via bluetooth. It's very inconsistent, some songs/bands show the album cover, where others don't. The album art displays on my iPhone when I play those songs, so this is def a Tesla issue. I'm currently on 2019.12 and I feel that I had this issue with previous versions (8.5). Any tips to fix this issue are appreciated.

It’s not just you. My understanding is album art hasn’t worked reliably in any Tesla at any point. It’s not a new problem.

Kinda pathetic for how good they are at software in general. I guess they don’t value album art vs other software development tasks..

...certain songs...

It has been always inconsistent even with my USB flash drive since I got my Tesla in 2012.

Some Album art would display fine but some don't in Tesla while all of them display fine in my PC.

Same with Spotify, the same song such as "Chitarra Romana" in Luciano Pavarotti Collection does not display its album art in Tesla:

2xWaxTn.jpg

but it does if you get from Pavarotti & Friends 2.

sxVOJO0.jpg

It's a known bug for the past 7 years but who is going to fix it?

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've noticed this issue more now that I've started using Spotify app via bluetooth (even with downloaded songs on my iPhone). I don't have this problem when I play my iTunes library via bluetooth. Not sure if this is just a glitch in their software or what, but it's definitely annoying.

I definitely see this phenomenon more often ever since I started using Tidal to stream music which is not available on Slacker. I'm guessing MCU does not have the ability to pull Album Art from the phone but uses Slacker to cross-reference and retrieval which either draw up blanks or sometimes with hilarious results.