Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album Art now missing except for Slacker under 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK...from an old thread from the early days....it seems that artist and song name (but not album) show up in the "Browse/Recently Played" tab...the current song shows up halfway through its play...so you can just leave this tab showing and it will always have the last 5 tunes on it...I kind of like it...will have to do until they get this fixed, anyway...at least you get artist now with this...

I (successfully this time) did report the bug, and also this funny aspect of it...you all should also!

WTF Tesla. This is one of the most obvious UI that the user is exposed to and you go and mess it up royally! Pure aesthetics I admit but come on! It was working! Regression testing 101?
Hmm.. It started working for me again!

I did the following:
1. Took the USB key out of the connector
2. Powered off the car using "Power Off" button under "Controls>E-Brake and Power Off"
3. Powered on the car by pressing the pedal
4. Reboot screen and centre console
5. Put the USB key back in
6. Browse to Artist and voila I can see album art again!

Hope it works for others too :)

Hmm.. It started working for me again!

I did the following:
1. Took the USB key out of the connector
2. Powered off the car using "Power Off" button under "Controls>E-Brake and Power Off"
3. Powered on the car by pressing the pedal
4. Reboot screen and centre console
5. Put the USB key back in
6. Browse to Artist and voila I can see album art again!

Hope it works for others too :)
skn, went out to the car this morning to try your fix and guess what, all the art is back. Did nothing but took 2 days to come back.

Strange indeed. Did you do anything out of the ordinary last day or so trying to sort this out?
No, when this first happen I tried the reboot but with no success. I did send an email last night to technical service and Brendon sent me an email that asked how I transferred my music to the usb and that he would forward this to my local service center. Coincidents.
So after I saw your email this morning I went out do try your fix, and before I could do it all the art was back.

The art was back today for most artists from USB (and I would guess from bluetooth as well).
Since the code in the car didn't change, this points to the service that Tesla uses to get the artwork from the song metadata.
It's possible that with 6.1 the API tesla uses changed, and the service took a few days to catch up, or the service could have been malfunctioning (10% of songs would get the artwork for me).
Has anyone packet-sniffed what goes on when the music player gets the artwork?

Merrill-
Is it all there, or just some or much of it? I'm seeing more of it now, haven't done anything special..

..it is so hard to know if results are due to our actions or just coincidence - whoever is doing something at the moment it gets fixed by the mothership, assumes that it was what they were doing that fixed it...and maybe it was, or maybe it wasn't ...

I guess we just keep monitoring this thread to see if it all comes back uniformly...

Merrill-
Is it all there, or just some or much of it? I'm seeing more of it now, haven't done anything special..

..it is so hard to know if results are due to our actions or just coincidence - whoever is doing something at the moment it gets fixed by the mothership, assumes that it was what they were doing that fixed it...and maybe it was, or maybe it wasn't ...

I guess we just keep monitoring this thread to see if it all comes back uniformly...
I did not stay in the car very long but most of the art was there and more downloading as I sat there, I have to plug in tonight and will let you know if it is all there or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Merrill-

Looks like most but not all, still some not coming thru maybe 80% art showing. We will see if they do push new firmware as a fix for this problem.