TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Album art

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Merrill, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the album art large, I know if I continue to play a certain album at some point the album art shrinks to a quarter of the space of the proper size. I usually reboot and it goes back to full size for a while.

2. texex91

texex91 Banned

I don't. Just curious, why would you want the album art large--just a question?

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That is a bug I think. It should take up the entire area.

4. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I forgot to tell you that I'm OCD and like the art work to fill the spot that it was designed to fill. My wife thinks I'm over the top, but it looks better and I can see it. If it never was designed to fit in the square then they would not have a highlighted area for album art that size. I can continue to re boot, but should not have to.

5. bob_p

bob_p Member

When the album art shrinks, it means the software has likely hit a bug preventing full size display of the art work.

Rebooting the touchscreen (holding down both thumbwheels) should correct the problem.

6. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

FYI, this bug has been around forever. I believe Tesla knows about it, but it's not high on their priority list for a fix.

7. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Thanks for everyone's input, glad to hear it's just not me. Maybe down the road Tesla will fix it.

8. bosgig

bosgig Member

I'd be happy if it would even just show my artwork. . .more often than not it overrides it with a random image of the band pulled in from Slacker (or some other source--not sure). This is one of several glitches in the audio interface that they're taking their time fixing. The other annoying one that I have is how half the time when I'm playing a song from an album and go back to browse it takes me back to the album list, which it should, while the other half of the time it takes me all the way out to the beginning search screen--artist, song, etc. That one was introduced a couple of updates ago. Completely random. I don't have many complaints, but I do wish they'd fix the audio interface glitches.