Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album Image when play music from USB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, does anyone know how to put the image of the album you are listening to in music you put in a USB key? There is a space for it in the display but I don't know how to configure it from my computer when I putt the music files in the key.

Hello, does anyone know how to put the image of the album you are listening to in music you put in a USB key? There is a space for it in the display but I don't know how to configure it from my computer when I putt the music files in the key.

You need a program that adds the album image to the mp3 file.
mp3tag mentioned above is a great program to do that. I've been using it for the past decade.

Thank you Russel, I already know that application. Its because I don't have mp3. I rip my CD on .wav to have the best quality. Does somebody know how to do it with .wav?

WAV can technically support tagging and you can use MP3Tag to do so. The bigger question/hurdle is, will the Tesla Media Player read any of that information? Given how substandard the Media Player is in other areas, I'd be surprised if it will, but I haven't tried it.

Thank you Russel, I already know that application. Its because I don't have mp3. I rip my CD on .wav to have the best quality. Does somebody know how to do it with .wav?

WAV can technically support tagging and you can use MP3Tag to do so. The bigger question/hurdle is, will the Tesla Media Player read any of that information? Given how substandard the Media Player is in other areas, I'd be surprised if it will, but I haven't tried it.

I just tagged a wav file and my Tesla doesn't display the album art.

I've been playing some fairly high-res audio from USB, using downloaded 96/24 FLAC files. Amazingly enough the audio system recognizes and plays them just fine. (It WON'T play 192kb files though. It will try and crash.) The various tagging programs work as well for FLAC files as MP3, though most of my downloads already have album art embedded.

Only downside is that I can't get as much music on a 16GB USB stick. :)

Mojo

How about playlists on a USB drive, how do you accomplish that? Will the Tesla audio system recognize them and know what to do with them?

About the only workaround I can think of is to make a “folder” with your song files in it, being careful to prepend a zero-padded number to the front of the file names to preserve a sort order.

Then you can use the “Folders” menu option from the player and select your list.

I know if you use a Linux file system on the drive, you can make good hard links to files in other folders. Support for a Windows “shortcut” is a bit unpredictable.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried this.

Mojo

I've been playing some fairly high-res audio from USB, using downloaded 96/24 FLAC files. Amazingly enough the audio system recognizes and plays them just fine. (It WON'T play 192kb files though. It will try and crash.) The various tagging programs work as well for FLAC files as MP3, though most of my downloads already have album art embedded.

Only downside is that I can't get as much music on a 16GB USB stick. :)

Mojo
Very interesting! I will try with FLAC format has they have the same quality has WAV

Some of the matches it comes up with ... it's bad at album art for just about everything. It also doesn't adhere to the Bluetooth standard for passing along album art on playing media either. Here's a good one it came up with not long ago for me. I mean it's not wrong ... but not really how a match like that made it so far up the ranks. It's a real CD that was released once, I had to look it up. The craziest part is it's the second album in that series apparently.

mullets-in-love.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus