TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Albuquerque paper wary about Tesla's Whitestar plant promises

Discussion in 'Model S' started by TEG, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Brent

Brent Member

I'm guessing that the focus now is just getting the Roadster on the road, with the real estate to follow afterwards.

I drive past the alleged L.A. store every week or so; there's nothing going on there either. In my experience, an office build-out takes several months. As such, the Roadster may well be delivered to owners without dealer locations. It could be, too, that the real estate hints at other delivery date issues.

2. Kardax

Kardax Member

It makes little sense to spend boatloads of cash on a factory when it's just going to sit idle.

Announcing the Albuquerque factory far too early is, in my opinion, Tesla's worst mistake to date. All will be forgiven if they make use of the land before their lease is terminated, but if they fail to do that, it'll be a sore spot for New Mexico residents for years to come.

-Ryan / Kardax

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Tesla will need to go public to acually build the plant/car.

4. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Are you sure they can not get their investors cough up that money ? It seems they've got some pretty impressive list of investors, especially if they can get Roadsters to these individuals...

Cobos

5. DDB

DDB Member

6. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Any negative press will be wiped away when roadsters hit the street in '08. That can be more profound by announcing the plant opening along with a WhiteStar design.