Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Albuquerque Sunport L1 Charging Nearby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I learned today that the 'Fast Park & Relax' Park&Ride offers 10 L1 spots free of charge.
The parking lot is on Yale St, about 0.1 miles from the terminal. It is a pleasant walk, or a shuttle can be used.

I chatted with Thomas the manager this morning to verify that our LEAF would be able to charge, mostly prompted by the advert that said "GFI" spots. He mentioned that some Teslas tend to trip the GFI, but that his employees periodically go out to the spots and restart if needed. I followed up with an email that linked to a discussion here on TMC that suggested that poor quality/old GFIs may be the problem.

Thomas seemed very responsive, and the company has decided to support EV charging all across the country (in addition to having headquarters in a LEED certified bldg.)

Please consider giving them your patronage to show our support, and because it is a wonderful convenience.

-------
p.s.
Our Tesla is a bit anxious about being left alone in an unfamiliar part of town so he stays at home.

Follow up post:

No drama.
We showed up in our LEAF with a QR code reservation on the phone and were directed to the EV spots. A couple other EVs were there including a Jag iPace of all things. It was indeed L1 with sockets on poles. The only minor annoyance was the employee who tried to shepherd us into a shuttle. It was 5am and only a handful of people were heading to the airport but we still reached the terminal before the shuttle after a ~ 5 minute walk :)

The only less than ideal part of their operation was actually when we got back. We had to stop at the gate and pay even though they had my credit card information from my reservation. <<shrug>>. Charging was as simple as at home, but remember to bring your own EVSE and to not leave it behind.

Overall, most excellent. This is now our preferred (by far) way to handle car-plane trips. The LEAF felt like a reasonably useful EV again.

Reactions: tmoz