Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Albuquerque

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2012 tesla model s p85 ……….yes that is right 2012, I believe original confirmation placeholder was number 806. The date of manufacture is 12/2012. I live in new mexico and would like to sell the vehicle. I took delivery one year ago. The reasons I am interested in selling the car are straight forward: Tesla is the finest vehicle in the world. I want the latest and best. 1. Red was not available when I took delivery. 2. Even though the vehicle was well equipped, I declined the tech package. 3. I qualified for the federal tax credit. The specs on my tesla are: tesla model s performance. p85 85 kw battery. pearl white exterior color ($1500), panoramic all glass roof ($1500) 21 inch silver wheels, black performance interior, carbon fiber interior decor, active air suspension, supercharger hardware, single charger, black nappa leather interior with contrast piping, rear carbon fiber spoiler. My mileage is 4100. The vehicle is fantastic!!! I pulled the trigger for purchase after driving the tesla roadster in albuquerque. The original sticker price was 95,400. Tesla personal delivery was 990. Final inspection, prep, and coordination (whatever that entails) was 180. I also bought the tire inflation kit from tesla. After sales tax the total bill was 100,000. The vehicle is a real head turner as everyone knows. I am looking to upgrade to a model s performance with the red multi coat (not the wine red signature paint) with the tech package, 21 inch rims, pano sun roof and air suspension. We all know the vehicle I want is a bit more pricy than mine but it is what I desire from the finest car in the world. I am asking 99,999 for mine. I waited 4 years for my vehicle banking on the success of tesla. In retrospect shares of the company would have been a far better investment, but not nearly as fun!!!!! I am including pictures of the vehicle and sticker. Thank you for the interest. Ryan
attachment.php?attachmentid=46171&d=1396240450.jpg
attachment.php?attachmentid=46172&d=1396240452.jpg

Checked the Tesla Motors website this evening for anything about Albuquerque as I do pretty regularly...OK...a lot...

Tonight I seem to see a prospective service center location near Menaul and Carlisle, NE. Am I seeing things?

I went over over there this evening (OK I rushed over there as fast as I legally could) and all I see at the indicated location is an empty field...so far. I tried to post a map from the Tesla Motors website but can't seem to do that...still new at posting...

Anyone else know anything/confirm? Or have I just finally gone around some bend I did not notice before I got there?
Just wondering...

Checked the Tesla Motors website this evening for anything about Albuquerque as I do pretty regularly...OK...a lot...

Tonight I seem to see a prospective service center location near Menaul and Carlisle, NE. Am I seeing things?

I went over over there this evening (OK I rushed over there as fast as I legally could) and all I see at the indicated location is an empty field...so far. I tried to post a map from the Tesla Motors website but can't seem to do that...still new at posting...

Anyone else know anything/confirm? Or have I just finally gone around some bend I did not notice before I got there?
Just wondering...

So so many things I could say :). But let's go with 'you're not imagining things'. I checked the job listings (always a good indicator) on the TM site and there are three postings for your neighborhood. Looks official to me!

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 11.28.55 PM.png

Any hotels in Albuquerque with charging capabilities?

My wife and I are traveling from AR to AZ via I-40 April 2 - April 4 and without superchargers this might lead to long days with slow charging. Hopefully we can find a Tesla owner around OK City with a HPWC but don't think we can find any in Texas off I-40. We did find some RV spots with the NEMA 14-50 (28 mph) through Texas and eastern NM. Our hope is to be in Albuquerque on Wednesday night, April 3rd and hope to find an overnight hotel with some charging capability.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry but this info is obviously too late for your trip, but I charged (twice) today at 1 of 2 Chargepoint J1772's (208/30 17mph) located in downtown ABQ (400-498 3rd St. NW) across the street from the Doubletree Inn. Looked it up in Plugshare.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering...

If this is true, does it mean that a Supercharger won't be far behind? It would make a huge difference for when I travel to Santa Fe again. The wife has threatened to use her BMW next time if we have to go through the agony of multi-hour charging at the J1772's again.

X-Country Travelers

If this is true, does it mean that a Supercharger won't be far behind? It would make a huge difference for when I travel to Santa Fe again. The wife has threatened to use her BMW next time if we have to go through the agony of multi-hour charging at the J1772's again.

I agree it would really help out travelers like yourself, particularly those coming from the east. I have helped out six travelers this year already with my HPWC. And I would be more the happy to help you out as well. I'm in the EV plugShare, listed as "Robert". Let me know next time you come though and I will juice you up faster than any J1772 you can find out here.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering...

I too saw that they listed that location as the "Coming Soon" location for the ABQ Service center. So we are at least seeing the same mirage :)

I would love to see a service center here as well. The support I've been getting from the Denver SC has been great, but because of the long distance it takes them ~2wks to get down here to do minor maintenance and I'm not looking forward to loss of my car when the annual comes up.

- - - Updated - - -

So so many things I could say :). But let's go with 'you're not imagining things'. I checked the job listings (always a good indicator) on the TM site and there are three postings for your neighborhood. Looks official to me!

View attachment 56470

It is great to see this posting, but news I got from one of the Denver SC techs is that hold up to getting a Service Center out here has been our lovely NM bureaucracy. And without one we can not get any of Tesla's service plans. Go figure. Hopefully with this latest posting of an actual address for the Service Center things may finally be moving forward.

@berkut - Thanks for the kind offer. We will be driving back from Santa Fe thru Albuquerque on the way to Las Vegas this coming Monday. I think I may need a topping up of the charge to last until Gallup's SC. If so I will contact you via Plugshare (username is same as here).

PS just got a 4 hour recharge via Chargepoint station in Santa Fe Convention Center parking. That's a down payment on the full recharge I would need if I am going to attempt to make it back to Gallup from Santa Fe.

Last edited:
OK I am back in So Calif. from my Sante Fe road trip and here are the numbers.

Points - LA/Palm Springs/Scottsdale/Flagstaff/Gallup/Albuquerque/Sante Fe/Gallup/Flagstaff/Las Vegas/LA (hitting all the SC's along this route, except for Palm Springs, Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Vegas charged at hotel).

Numbers: 2060.5 miles traveled; 675.1 kWH; 328 Wh/mi average; in temps ranging from mid 70's to 100+; A/C at 68F range mode; average speed ~1.1 speed limit; 2 rainstorms encountered (Flagstaff and Henderson - no leaks btw); one slow leak front Left tire. EV'd twice (once in Palm Springs and once in Santa Fe).

Otherwise it was a great trip, the MS was a real nice cruiser. And I had to use the frunk for the first time to accommodate the art d'objects and native rugs my wife kept acquiring from the local flea markets and stores along the way!

Only full range charging done from non-SC's was in Santa Fe over the 4 days I stayed there. Did it in increments using the Convention Parking location (ChargePoint); and the Santa Fe Train station location. The Train station charger is key coded - needed Tomasitas restaurant to unlock it (1.25 hrs per charge, but they didn't mind our repeated use - I guess because we had dinner there :biggrin:).

On the way back from Santa Fe to Gallup, did get an insurance charge at Sacred Power (ChargePoint) in Albuquerque; just to put my wife's mind at ease. (She gets nervous whenever it shows less than 100 miles range left - but then she also gasses up her BMW whenever it shows less than 1/2 full!)

In summary EVTripper is a great resource - although I am finding now that I actually do better than its calculated numbers.

OK I am back in So Calif. from my Sante Fe road trip and here are the numbers.
On the way back from Santa Fe to Gallup, did get an insurance charge at Sacred Power (ChargePoint) in Albuquerque; just to put my wife's mind at ease. (She gets nervous whenever it shows less than 100 miles range left - but then she also gasses up her BMW whenever it shows less than 1/2 full!)

Great to hear that Sacred Power is still providing charges! We charged there over a year ago and were given the royal treatment! Even gave us a tour of their plant!

Yes, Sacred power was very accommodating. We used their rest facilities - but the office area was deserted - so no plant tour.
If you have been there you may have noticed that the charger is attached to a solar carport - a model of one of their featured products. As we were about to leave, the manager appeared, said hi and wanted to take a pic of our MS charging with their Sacred Power logo attached. No problem - except it wouldn't stick on the aluminum body LOL, so we propped it up on the window area.

Greetings, fellow NM Tesla owners! I just today found this thread! My Model S was delivered on May 25 and we have had a blast driving it, mostly in town. Ours is Oearl white, pano, 21" grey wheels, tech, tan interior, obeche matte. When the tech was down here last month, he mentioned that they call this color combo the "Storm Trooper". I live just south of Paseo and Eubank and license plate is "Model S", so if you see me cruisin', let's chat. FYI I had the Expel Ultimate wrap installed in Santa Fe and the job is excellent. Let me know if you want a contact number. The tech told me there are about 100-120 Teslas in NM, so with that many, we should get together and share info.

I live in Taos and my Red Model S is the only Tesla in this area. I'm the Tesla sales person from northern NM. We were on the Home and Garden tour this year and we had 556 people visit. The Tesla got the biggest response. I have literally shown and giver test drive to dozens of people. We are totally solar powered that made the Tesla even more attractive.
I invested in Tesla stock early so i"m on the buy one get one free program. Our Model X order #7748, the all wheel drive cross over will be the a big hit in NM, I think it will out sell the Model S.

I live in Taos and my Red Model S is the only Tesla in this area. I'm the Tesla sales person from northern NM. We were on the Home and Garden tour this year and we had 556 people visit. The Tesla got the biggest response. I have literally shown and giver test drive to dozens of people. We are totally solar powered that made the Tesla even more attractive.
I invested in Tesla stock early so i"m on the buy one get one free program. Our Model X order #7748, the all wheel drive cross over will be the a big hit in NM, I think it will out sell the Model S.

You ROCK ! ! Keep up the great work (selling) in Taos, and we will continue to do likewise here on the East Coast.

Tesla for a night!

Wanted to let anyone (like me!) who have not bought your Tesla yet (M3 for me I'm afraid...) that there is an amazing opportunity happening now in our area.

In conjunction with the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, organizers have set up a free raffle. The winner gets to take home a Tesla for a night!

Please see details at the theater web site:
Events - Jean Cocteau Cinema

Also, Tesla Motors will be having an event in Santa Fe this weekend October 18-19. Please see the Tesla Motors web site for details.

To quote/paraphrase an earlier post in the Model D announcement:
ohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!

Wanted to let anyone (like me!) who have not bought your Tesla yet (M3 for me I'm afraid...) that there is an amazing opportunity happening now in our area.

In conjunction with the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, organizers have set up a free raffle. The winner gets to take home a Tesla for a night!

Please see details at the theater web site:
Events - Jean Cocteau Cinema

Also, Tesla Motors will be having an event in Santa Fe this weekend October 18-19. Please see the Tesla Motors web site for details.

To quote/paraphrase an earlier post in the Model D announcement:
ohboyohboyohboyohboy!!!!

Are there any good overnight charging options in Santa Fe? A hotel with a 14-50 or perhaps an RV park across the street from a hotel? Plugshare doesn't seem to list anything very encouraging.

My wife and I are road tripping to Las Cruces over thanksgiving and I'd love take a detour to show her Santa Fe on the way back. Unfortunately decent charging opportunities look pretty sparse between Las Cruces and the supercharger in Gallup so the trip to Santa Fe may have to wait until the "2014" dot near Albuquerque becomes an actual supercharger. But I'd love to find a way to make the trip happen this year that doesn't involve a 17 hour recharge at a public J1772 or sleeping in the back of a Model S at an RV park (I'd be up for it, but my wife didn't find the idea too appealing).

Are there any good overnight charging options in Santa Fe? A hotel with a 14-50 or perhaps an RV park across the street from a hotel? Plugshare doesn't seem to list anything very encouraging.

My wife and I are road tripping to Las Cruces over thanksgiving and I'd love take a detour to show her Santa Fe on the way back. Unfortunately decent charging opportunities look pretty sparse between Las Cruces and the supercharger in Gallup so the trip to Santa Fe may have to wait until the "2014" dot near Albuquerque becomes an actual supercharger. But I'd love to find a way to make the trip happen this year that doesn't involve a 17 hour recharge at a public J1772 or sleeping in the back of a Model S at an RV park (I'd be up for it, but my wife didn't find the idea too appealing).

There is a high speed charging point located next to the Whole Foods on Cerrillos Rd. It is within walking distance of downtown Santa Fe and there are lots of hotels in the area. I don't know what its policies are to use it. I know it is open to the public but no other details. It was placed there by our local solar provider Positive Energy. Since I haven't got my Model S yet I haven't searched for others in town. I know we have, at least, 6 Model S owners in town.

I hope that is helpful to you. Have a safe trip.

There is a high speed charging point located next to the Whole Foods on Cerrillos Rd. It is within walking distance of downtown Santa Fe and there are lots of hotels in the area. I don't know what its policies are to use it. I know it is open to the public but no other details. It was placed there by our local solar provider Positive Energy. Since I haven't got my Model S yet I haven't searched for others in town. I know we have, at least, 6 Model S owners in town.

I hope that is helpful to you. Have a safe trip.

If we are talking about the same station, I'm 90% sure that it was taken down when Positive Energy moved. However there is one near by at the SF train station. It is owned by the restaurant next door (under the solar panel) and is near lots of hotels in the plaza. The Plugshare app is your friend. There are quite a few level 2 station in Santa Fe.

J

If we are talking about the same station, I'm 90% sure that it was taken down when Positive Energy moved. However there is one near by at the SF train station. It is owned by the restaurant next door (under the solar panel) and is near lots of hotels in the plaza. The Plugshare app is your friend. There are quite a few level 2 station in Santa Fe.

J

Oops. Thanks for the heads up. I'd hate to give out bad info. I'll check it out and confirm what I find.

TaosTho thinks he's the only Model S owner in the area. If you have one, then that makes two for Taos. The more the merrier.

Oops. Thanks for the heads up. I'd hate to give out bad info. I'll check it out and confirm what I find.

TaosTho thinks he's the only Model S owner in the area. If you have one, then that makes two for Taos. The more the merrier.

I don't actually own a Tesla. I have ridden in TaoTho's Tesla, as well as a brown one in Santa Fe and yesterday in a white P85 during the Santa Fe test drive event. I was supposed to test drive (they scanned my license) but my friend was having so much fun on hwy 285 that I didn't have the heart to tell him to let me have a turn and we ran out of time. We sure got to Tesuque and back in record time though. =)

I thought it was interesting that the Denver Tesla crew drove the three Model S's down (the long way) via Grand Junction and Farmington (skipped Utah). They said that it would have taken them more time to drive directly on the I-25 because of charging time. Equally interesting is that they charged in Santa Fe by leaving the cars at different charging stations around the city over night so they would have enough charge for the test drives each day. What a dynamic company! Tesla is quick on their feet and resourceful using what is available. Any other company would be be fearful of leaving their cars. I love how Tesla trusts they teams to figure it out and make it happen.

Oh, and I almost forgot. The test drive car was already reading the speed limit signs with the camera in front of the rear view mirror! It would read the sign and then display the speed limit on the driver display. I only heard about this during the D event and they are already implementing some of the Autopilot features! Wow! Apparently all new cars have the sonic sensors, radar sensors, and the camera. All the car needs is software for full autopilot!

Did anyone go to this Tesla event in Santa Fe this weekend and maybe ask the Tesla people what is the status of the SuperCharger that's supposed to be "Coming Soon" in the local area? I am real keen on a Santa Fe / Lamy supercharger....