Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alcantara Dash Trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon, looking to order my S85 (white, tech, pano, 21" silver) in a few weeks and I had a question about the Alcantara Headliner. I have seen some threads and pictures about the left hand drive version containing some upgraded dash trim when upgrading to the Alcantara Headliner. Does anyone know or have have a late vin # that has the upgraded Alcantara Headliner without the premium interior package? I'm curious if there is any Alcantara trim added to the dash.

Here is what I'm looking at doing with the interior. Think it looks 'classy' as well as going a little lighter on the leather seats... it's hot here in phoenix and I like wearing shorts :)

Screen Shot 2014-12-02 at 10.20.08 AM (2).png

That is a very nice interior design. I see you have chosen the black Alcantara Headliner, as have I in my preliminary design.
The Alcantara Headliner option, as I recall, adds some Alcantara to the front edge of the upper dashboard surface.
It appears to be a very nice anti glare surface, however, how hard it will be to keep dust free and looking nice is another question.
What will it look like in 5 years of wear and the sun beating down on it..... You do have a hot sun in AZ, I know that from
experience.

@ArtInCt, yes dirt and heat were some of my concerns depending upon how much Alcantara trim was on the dash. I do have a couple of things in my favor, the car will be kept in a garage at home as well as during the day when I am at the office so the time it is 'baking' in the sun with no AC will be limited. I was also planning on doing 80% 3M tint on the windshield to aid in the head and UV reduction.

I also prefer my non-alcantara dash. I think the alcantara headliner looks good, but is just too much on the dash.

I asked if it was possible to order the alcantara headliner but request the standard dash when ordering my new P85D, so that it would be the same as on my old car. My sales adviser said she's had several people request that but the answer from the factory is "no."

Next up, seeing how hard it is to swap dash tops when I get the new car...