Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alcantara with Pano Roof - Why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To those who have the Alcantara headliner, I am wondering how much of the roof is even there to be lined with so much glass. Since the price of the headliner doesn't go down if you order the pano, do you think that it's still worth it? I'm getting ready to finally place my order after having it on hold for over a year now.

I thought the same thing when I was ordering mine. I quickly decided that th alcantara wasn't worth it because I wanted the pano roof so bad. I think if you had no pano roof and really wanted to make the interior swanky! then add the alcantara and the interior lighting. Otherwise they are just additions based on your own preference.

get that order placed so you can start the best part - waiting! :smile::smile:

Count me in as another who got Alcantara as part of the old performance package but would have preferred to opt out and get cloth instead. I not a huge fan of the fuzzy fake suede look. It's a personal preference. I'd stick with the fabric liner and put the money into other options.

Count me in as another who got Alcantara as part of the old performance package but would have preferred to opt out and get cloth instead. I not a huge fan of the fuzzy fake suede look. It's a personal preference. I'd stick with the fabric liner and put the money into other options.

I agree with EarlyAdopter on this one. I had a P85 loaner for a few days and I really didn't think it added anything plus I thought it looked kind of funny since it was fuzzy.

I received Alcantara as part of the P85 package. I also have the pano roof. With the pano roof it is probably not worth it now that it costs an extra $1,000, and you also get this dark plastic bar that goes across your ceiling that divides the opening and non-opening portions of the pano roof. Believe it or not, this bar is not covered in Alcantara but is bare plastic. You'd think Tesla could have covered this piece, especially for $1,000 upgrade price.

With that said, I prefer the look of the Alcantara over the fabric. One of my loaners had fabric and it looked cheap. Also, the A and B pillar pieces didn't seem to fit together as well as the Alcantara trim pieces, but that could be my imagination. Maybe the fabric just made the joints more noticeable.

I got cloth (and pano) and I am in the camp that thinks the cloth looks cheap. I don't think the change is worth it, but if it had been cheaper I would have opted for it. Because I had placed a pre-price increase order, I basically had to choose between alcantara and parking sensors. I chose the sensors. I try not to let the cloth bother me but it is there in the back of my mind.