TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alcantra dash

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by vfx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

#2 Bob Smith, Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    Leather!? In a Telsa? Do you know how much of a carbon footprint it takes to raise cattle?
    That isn't what the car is about. I'm going to cover my dash in Bromeliad Tillandsias.

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

4. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

#6 Bob Smith, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
    Learn something new every day. I thought it was just a fancy name for suede.

Peta members will still throw paint on someone in artificial fur before doing research to find out what it really is.

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

UnCool!

I remember when the Tesla came out they only offered leather. The rich green contingent of buyers made a stink that there was no planet friendly option.
    Since then I heard the company is also looking to make the new factory a LEED certified building and look at all portions of manufacture with a eco-eye.

6. roopocket12

roopocket12 Member

#8 roopocket12, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    I just looked at the pictures of the dash in Alcantara and it looks nice. The alcantara interior is well-made. I wonder how much you've spent on customization.

7. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I have not done any of this work but maybe someday.

There are many who have done this most vocal here is Dr Taras. Search the members for his posts where extols the custom work of AL and EDs in LA.