Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alcantra/leather dash vs Vegan dash

Alcantra vs Vegan

• Alcantra

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Vegan

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
I’m in a situation where Tesla needs to replace the dash pad on a late-year 2017 MS equipped with the Vegan dash pad. The Vegan pad is on BKO, so they offered to replace with an available Alcantra/leather pad. Anyone have any suggestions as to what pad is better from a performance perspective (propensity to warp, crack, dent, make noise, etc). I understand natural materials require more maintenance, but if anyone has any pros/cons that could help with the choice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the feedback. Yes the Alcantra is a synthetic material but was told the other part of the dash pad was leather. Not sure if this is right, so the Service MGR is checking to confirm. I suppose the dash pad that has the Alcantra trim and the rest ? has not been an issue based on the replies, so I guess it’s a decision of personal preference at this point.

Thanks

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC