TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Alectra just dropped their APP Program

Discussion in 'Canada' started by orangem, Jun 4, 2019.

1. orangem

orangem Member

No more super cheap electricity from Alectra after 12am. It was dropped on May 31 and everyone switched back to regular TOU rates. Boo. i love the APP; I saved $30-$40 each month.

2. puzz1ed

puzz1ed Member

Hmm. Didn't know they had such a program. I checked when I bought my vehicle but didn’t notice anything at the time.

The overnight plan looks interesting at 2c/KWh but not sure if the corresponding increase in the on peak price would have worked for me.

Advantage Power Pricing | Alectra Utilities

3. dj_gon

dj_gon Member

Bummer... I thought I could sign up just in time as my free supercharging is ending in a few days.

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

It is possible that something like it may come to ALL Ontario utilities depending on the outcomes of the Alectra pilot. Often utilities are given permission by the Ontario Energy Board to "try out" things like this to see if they would be viable on a broad scale. I know Alectra themselves were quite pleased with the results (saw a presentation by them at the Electric Mobility Conference in Quebec City in May) .