TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alert 3001

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Botbldr45, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

Alert3001 SHFT: APS Voltage
    Anybody know what that means.......:scared:

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I means it's time to call your service center :)

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Is it repeatable? On a few occasions I have random but scary errors/warnings on the VDS and they do not return.

4. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

No idea - it might be a software issue or could be a bad part - only the service center would know. I recently got a "Car may not restart" message which went away after a few minutes, but I still called the service center even though the message went away and car restarted just fine. Turns out if was the battery heater that was starting to go bad. Hopefully they should be able to pull the diagnostic logs from the car and figure out what caused the message.

5. Vger

Vger Active Member

Turn on your GSM access, and when you call Tesla, they can download the log remotely and see what is up...

I have also had spurious alerts which never recurred and Tesla never mentioned fixing anything in subsequent service visits.

I think since is was such pioneering work, the original engineers were very conservative about reporting the least little thing that was not "nominal." Sometimes is just seems to be transient stuff that does not amount to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, your car is only 80-odd VIN numbers younger than mine, so probably similar hardware.

6. Thorsten

Thorsten Member

My 2011 Roadster showed the error code 3001 "SHFT: APS Voltage" today. Has anyone found out what this error means?

7. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#7 TEG, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    APS output 2 (PEM) reset
    Apparently there was a TSB (service bulletin) for the APS cable/grommet:
    2009 TESLA ROADSTER Factory Technical Service Bulletin - TSB | AutoCodes.com
    I suppose, while you are at it, if you are looking into APS problems, it may be good to see if your car had that fix or not.

8. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

@Thorsten If I remember correctly it was with the aux battery. The alert went away after SC looked and said everything was good......voltage......connections, etc. With the VDS on debug mode a lot of alerts come up that relate to the twitchy nature of the roadster. I would get SC to check if it persists. Call them and they may be able to read your logs vis wifi magic.

9. Thorsten

Thorsten Member

Thank you for your replies. The Roadster just came back from service a few days ago. But I'll send a mail to the service center to make sure everything is fine.