Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert/Error message: UI_a111 Re-insert USB into glovebox for higher speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case you encounter this error "UI_a111 Re-insert USB into glovebox for higher speed"

It does not go away no matter how many times you remove and re-insert the USB memory stick in your glovebox.

The solution is as follows:

1. Remove the USB memory stick
2. Perform a reset (hold down both wheels on the steering wheel)
3. Wait for the system to reboot
4. Re-insert USB memory stick
5. Check alerts, the message should be gone now

IMG_4896.jpg

Last edited:
In my case, I use the original USB memory stick that came with the car and currently have no active alerts.

I read in one thread that it might help reformatting the USB drive if you encounter this problem but I think the alert code in that case was UI_a112. Is that the code you are getting?

In case you encounter this error "UI_a111 Re-insert USB into glovebox for higher speed"

It does not go away no matter how many times you remove and re-insert the USB memory stick in your glovebox.

The solution is as follows:

1. Remove the USB memory stick
2. Perform a reset (hold down both wheels on the steering wheel)
3. Wait for the system to reboot
4. Re-insert USB memory stick
5. Check alerts, the message should be gone now

View attachment 788765
Same situation with a Samsung SSD…the soft reset solved the problem.

Reactions: Choncho
I posted on other threadI had an error about USB not installed, install USB larger than 32 GB even though it was a 128 GB and then this error…removing usb and doing reset did not work "long term".

TESLA did some diagnosis and tried to do an over the air update came out yesterday and replaced USB stick and entire glove box/hub.

1092754A-9796-418E-8F70-C95288EEF54D.jpeg

I just started getting "UI_a111 Re-insert USB into glovebox for higher speed" in my one month old MY. Seems like it started happening after a recent software update.

I am using a Samsung T5 SSD. Works fine although I do get the error.

My cable is USB2 (not USB3) and I am wondering if this might be the issue?

In addition to getting this error routinely with my Samsung T5 (and I never got this error previously for a few weeks in the MY, and never in my M3 with the same drive over the last two years), I am now finding that when I get into the car I sometimes and notified of a Sentry event, but when I press the info button to see it, a black screen pops up and it never loads a video or even the interface.

I don’t want to have the car format my T5 as I have it partitioned and have music on it also…

I get this alert using multiple different SSD's on my month old model 3 (Samsung T7 and T5 and Sandisk). The drives still work but get the annoying notification. I can put in the factory USB stick and it works perfectly. Drives were all formatted both in windows or mac osx and in the car with resets. Error still there.... For now I'm just using the USB that it came with, I feel like this is a software issue.

I get this alert using multiple different SSD's on my month old model 3 (Samsung T7 and T5 and Sandisk). The drives still work but get the annoying notification. I can put in the factory USB stick and it works perfectly. Drives were all formatted both in windows or mac osx and in the car with resets. Error still there.... For now I'm just using the USB that it came with, I feel like this is a software issue.

Does anyone know what the "hub" is and why Tesla changed that too when they changed my USB?

I just tested sentry mode today with the Tesla USB Stick that came with the car an it worked fine. No error, and Iwas able to view the video from a Sentry event. Clearly the error and inability to view Sentry videos has to do with my use of the Samsung T5 SSD - a drive that worked perfectly on my 2019 Model 3.

I am getting the same message when I changed out the Tesla USB stick. I went with a USB stick where I can insert a micro sd card. The stick has an option to plug into my iphone incase I need it on the spot. I have no issues with video recording just the alert will not go away. I haven't tried the soft reset yet.

I started getting error after removing the Tesla USB stick so I could copy some of the videos off to my computer. I didn't make any updates to the USB. Once I put it back into the glove box slot I started receiving the error. Like others, the dashcam and sentry mode for my 2022 Model S are working fine. Therefore, I'm not going to take any further action and wait for a software update.