Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert pop-up won't go away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week Tesla pushed an Autopilot trial to my M3 (long range, dual motor). That was odd since I do not have AP but I figured they wanted me to try it. Every morning since, this pop-up in on my screen and will not go away. I have to re-boot each morning which I do not want to do anymore.

Any ideas how to make this a permanent fix?

upload_2019-2-19_8-36-38.jpeg

Same here. Called Tesla support and one thing that does NOT work, is powering down the car to completely clear the cache and partially downloaded updates. This didn't work, so I'll have to call support back later. This is now happened 5 days in a row, and a soft-reset is the only thing to clear it. The bug dates back to Oct 18, and has been widely reported. Some owners report Tesla support acknowledges the issue, while others have support people haven't heard of it. Luck of the draw, but no resolution best of my knowledge.

• Helpful
Reactions: ggies07
Guys, I was just told by Cleveland SC that there is no fix now other than doing a re-boot of the screen. Which is very annoying.

I was told "Tesla engineers are working on the problem." So this is a test - how long will it take?

• Informative
Reactions: ggies07
Yes. This happened after the trial was pushed to me last week. I do not even have AP on my M3.

Why is it odd? Not having purchased EAP is exactly why you would be getting the trial. People that have purchased EAP won't get the trial.

They are hoping that you try it and like it so much that you will buy it. (I think they still even offer a discount if you buy in, or just after, the trial period.)

Reactions: SammichLover
Why is it odd? Not having purchased EAP is exactly why you would be getting the trial. People that have purchased EAP won't get the trial.

They are hoping that you try it and like it so much that you will buy it. (I think they still even offer a discount if you buy in, or just after, the trial period.)
No, you don’t understand. This is not the OFFER for a trial, this is the warning that the trial is DOWNLOADING, when you did not order it. It cannot be dismissed or swiped away. The screen is useless until you reboot.

It happened to me Sunday and Monday morning, but this morning it was gone.

• Helpful
Reactions: YisSerL

It's odd because the trial was like 3 months ago.