TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Alert tones when rolling through stop sign with AP 2.0 on 2018.21.9

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Cowbell, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Cowbell

Cowbell Member

Has anyone noticed when driving without AP 2.0 engaged, getting collision avoidance alert tones when approaching a stop sign/intersection a bit too quickly, or when rolling through without a full stop ? This, with no vehicles in front ?

I noticed this shortly after the 21.9 update and experienced multiple times when driving back streets over the course of several days. I didnt notice that function before.

2. magforce

magforce New Member

That happened to me today.

• Informative x 1
  3. Mr_B

Mr_B Member

Also noticed this, didn’t think anything of it at the time but in retrospect there wasn’t any other reason for the beeping

• Informative x 1
  4. TrafficEng

TrafficEng Member

I noticed yesterday for the first time a slow down on a back road on AP when aproaching a stop sign at a T junction. I commented at the the time "wow, did you see that" to the others in the car, but did not go back to retest. Not sure if it was the T junction or the stop sign... V2018.24

• Informative x 1
  5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Quite annoyingly, I get them when passing parked cars in my subdivision... even giving them a wide berth. I think it is more prevalent when I am driving on a curved section of the street, and perhaps it looks to the system like the car is directly in my path. Didn't do this on earlier firmware.

• Informative x 1
  6. David.85D

David.85D Member

I have this happen on AP1. For quite some time. Makes sense - road curves, no lane markings to guide the computer, looks momentarily that you will drive into a stationary car.

But, I though the Tesla couldn’t “see” stopped vehicles that were stopped when they came into view? Maybe the difference is the lack of lane lines within the subdivision?

7. apiske148

apiske148 Member

I will be interested to test this on the drive home, i normally disengage AP when approaching stop signs, how far are you from the sign when you are getting an alert?

8. Cowbell

Cowbell Member

It varies but when I saw this it was at the point where I should have stopped. It wa similar to AEB alerting and I’m not convinced the signs were the cause, but it seemed like it at the time.