Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert tones when rolling through stop sign with AP 2.0 on 2018.21.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed when driving without AP 2.0 engaged, getting collision avoidance alert tones when approaching a stop sign/intersection a bit too quickly, or when rolling through without a full stop ? This, with no vehicles in front ?

I noticed this shortly after the 21.9 update and experienced multiple times when driving back streets over the course of several days. I didnt notice that function before.

I noticed yesterday for the first time a slow down on a back road on AP when aproaching a stop sign at a T junction. I commented at the the time "wow, did you see that" to the others in the car, but did not go back to retest. Not sure if it was the T junction or the stop sign... V2018.24

• Informative
Reactions: Cowbell
Quite annoyingly, I get them when passing parked cars in my subdivision... even giving them a wide berth. I think it is more prevalent when I am driving on a curved section of the street, and perhaps it looks to the system like the car is directly in my path. Didn't do this on earlier firmware.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowbell
Quite annoyingly, I get them when passing parked cars in my subdivision... even giving them a wide berth. I think it is more prevalent when I am driving on a curved section of the street, and perhaps it looks to the system like the car is directly in my path. Didn't do this on earlier firmware.

I have this happen on AP1. For quite some time. Makes sense - road curves, no lane markings to guide the computer, looks momentarily that you will drive into a stationary car.

But, I though the Tesla couldn’t “see” stopped vehicles that were stopped when they came into view? Maybe the difference is the lack of lane lines within the subdivision?