Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alert VCFRONT a192

ErikS69

Jun 9, 2021
ningbo, china
So after one week exactly, of using my Model 3 Performance (btw, love this car) I got an alert VCFRONT a192 -> electrical system power reduced; vehicle may not restart. This happened almost right after supercharging. Temp outside was hot, about 30 deg C. Wow, so disappointing. I live in Ningbo, China. I called the service people and they recommended that I bring the car in. I tried but it would not start. Called in for a tow truck. It arrived so I went downstairs to put my car in tow mode. Surprisingly, car started so I drove to the service center. I parked and went inside to do the paperwork. Service lady wanted to drive my car inside to park it but it would not start. She went back in. Later a service dude wanted to drive my car to park it inside to look at it and it started so he was able to drive it away. So by now, my car is in service for 3 days and latest news is that service people do not know what is wrong with it. Again, it is new, barely 10 days from delivery. I would highly appreciate any info about same or very similar problem.

cali8484

Jul 8, 2018
California
So after one week exactly, of using my Model 3 Performance (btw, love this car) I got an alert VCFRONT a192 -> electrical system power reduced; vehicle may not restart. This happened almost right after supercharging. Temp outside was hot, about 30 deg C. Wow, so disappointing. I live in Ningbo, China. I called the service people and they recommended that I bring the car in. I tried but it would not start. Called in for a tow truck. It arrived so I went downstairs to put my car in tow mode. Surprisingly, car started so I drove to the service center. I parked and went inside to do the paperwork. Service lady wanted to drive my car inside to park it but it would not start. She went back in. Later a service dude wanted to drive my car to park it inside to look at it and it started so he was able to drive it away. So by now, my car is in service for 3 days and latest news is that service people do not know what is wrong with it. Again, it is new, barely 10 days from delivery. I would highly appreciate any info about same or very similar problem.
VCFRONT manages some critical elements including the 12V battery which can disable the car if not working properly. It's not so rare for VCFRONT to fail but typically not so soon after delivery.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC