TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alex Roy Shatters Electric & Autonomous Cannonball Run Records in a Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AlexRoy144, Sep 21, 2016.

1. AlexRoy144

AlexRoy144 New Member

Attached Files:

• Like x 12
    • Informative x 1
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Congratulations @AlexRoy144

Wonder if a P100D would beat your new record. o_O

3. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Congrats!

I see that you skipped a bunch of Superchargers. What's the rationale? Isn't it better to manage a low as possible SoC to charge faster and not "overcharge"?

4. wraithnot

wraithnot Model S VIN #5785

Congrats! The WIRED article about your 2006 cannonball record was one of the most mesmerizing things I've ever read. But I like the idea of setting coast to coast records in an EV even more because it takes more finesse. I'm glad you and others are continuing to push the boundaries of what is possible. And I hope you post all the details since some of them may be relevant to my humble family road trips we take every so often.

5. Tam

Tam Active Member

1) Wow! Thanks for the inspiration! Congratulations to AlexRoy144 and the team!

2) I assume with 100 kWh pack, the same Supercharging time would yield more range, thus, less time in charging, more time in driving, and the sooner to get to destination for another record!

Since Elon tweeted "Glad you like it! I think we will probably stop at 100 kWh on battery size." how about another try with 100 kWh pack next time and you'll be all set for quite some time :)

6. Skateboardgolf

IMG_1306.jpg shows the battery charged up to 361 miles.
    How'd they do that?I thought the 90D maximum range was 295 miles.

7. Tam

Tam Active Member

Ideal range for 85 kWh pack is already 300 miles, so I assume this 361 is ideal miles, not rated miles.

• Informative x 1
  8. bxr140

bxr140 Member

No. That's a pretty accurate generality that has unfortunately been misunderstood as an absolute truism.