TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alfa Romeo 4c review reads like a Roadster

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asgard, Sep 2, 2015.

1. asgard

asgard Member

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

There are definitely a lot of cool aspects to that car, but this part "a turbo engine that screams in your ear" made me cringe. Plus, no backup camera in that body design? The rear visibility looks terrible.

3. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Other then Tesla, my next love in cars are Alfa's.... I've owned 3. A 164, 67 Spider (That I eventually converted to electric), and now another 164 that I bought non-running, and is also Electric.....

I've tested one of these 4c's......... Just amazing........ It's no Tesla, but it's not trying to be. I'd never switch back to gas, but that 4c... If I was rich, I'd have one to play with on occasion......

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I do wonder if they worked with Lotus on this, there are so many similarities.

5. patp

patp Member

6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

7. tvuolo

tvuolo Member

I love Alfa's, and the 4C is stunningly gorgeous. I had a Spyder back in the early 90's, and we rented a 156 for a few weeks in Italy. But this paragraph would scare me off:
    I simply love the quiet whoosh as I twist through the Rocky Mountain canyons in my Roadster.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

And that is one of many reasons why I will never buy another ICE, even an undeniably cool ICE like the 4C. I could not stand the noise.
    While the article title is technically correct (since the Roadster is no longer in production) I would have written it this way:
    "The Alfa Romeo 4C Shames Every Other Sports Car On The Market...Except the Tesla Roadster"

9. tvuolo

tvuolo Member

Alfa should hire Islandbayy to help them make an electric 4C. A full BEV competitor to the Roadster would be fun.