Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment, balancing in Portland Area recommendations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alignment Specialties in Aloha. Great guy that I’ve used for many many years now. However, do not expect miracles. Model S just chews through rear tires, it’s a fact of life/cost of sports-car handling/looks ownership. I’m lucky to get 20K out of the rears on my P85D. Religious about tire pressures, rarely use Insane mode or drive “crazy”. Summer tires, naturally, so if you use all seasons with a harder compound and/or mileage warranty...

• Informative
Reactions: Guvnah
Wow, small world. I concur with Alignment Specialties in Aloha. They workEd on my cars from a 80’s e28 BMW M5 to my daughters Kia Optima. He knows his stuff, it’s all he does. That said I have not had my Tesla long enough to notice any odd tire wear so I don’t have any experience with him with a Tesla

Les Schwab told me I needed alignment work, but they couldn't do it. So I took my Model S to the Service Center in Bellevue... They ended up replacing the motor under warranty and didn't charge for the alignment. I had no idea the motor needed replacement.

What year is your Model S? Was this your first replacement? I have a 2013 and had the drive unit replaced a couple years ago...I think they've got the rev down to something more reliable now...

Wow, small world. I concur with Alignment Specialties in Aloha. They workEd on my cars from a 80’s e28 BMW M5 to my daughters Kia Optima. He knows his stuff, it’s all he does. That said I have not had my Tesla long enough to notice any odd tire wear so I don’t have any experience with him with a Tesla

I'll have to check them out! Thank you two for the recommendation!

Reactions: IdaX