Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment for lower ride

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
normal-low shouldnt make much difference on tire wear overall. camber isnt really what eats your tires, its toe.
Camber can chew up the inner tread if the car is set to low or very low for long hauls. I can verify this since I have put 4 sets of tires on my MX within 45k miles just over 12k per set. Camber has been checked each time. I drive exclusively on low and 98% of my miles are hwy. Standard used to be the default setting for new Model Xs. I think Tesla is setting it to low now on new deliveries. If the majority of your driving is spirited or hwy I would have it checked on your next alignment. If all you do is City driving standard should be fine. The other concern with keeping suspension higher is vibration on hard acceleration. When in low or very low you will feel nothing. When set to standard, a slight shudder or vibration can develop.

The moral of the story is: if you drive hard you’ll be changing tires more often. Not good to drive hard in standard suspension setting. If all you do is drive in “Chill mode”, your tires will last twice as long as mine :D