Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment issues - shop at fault?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my Model 3 AWD Non-performance lowered on eibach springs and wheel spacers installed earlier this week. When I left the shop, there were no noises when turning or driving straight and the steering wheel was centered.

Fast forward to getting the car aligned. The steering wheel was no longer centered and there has a very slight clicking when turning right. When I looked over the alignment specs, the shop indicated that the car was a Model S Dual Motor AWD with coil suspension. When I called the shop and told them the issue, they mentioned that the Model S and Model 3 share the same alignment specs. I cant imagine that this is correct.

Has anyone else run into an issue like this?

The specs can be applied to pretty much any car. The camber spec is basically 0 to -2 and not adjustable. The toe is basically as close to 0 as you can get.

The alignment shop is to blame, but it’s not because of the spec, but where they actually set the car to.

I would contact a service center to see if that's true.

Yeah, tried calling them. After being on hold for more than 10 minutes at two service centers, I gave up.

The specs can be applied to pretty much any car. The camber spec is basically 0 to -2 and not adjustable. The toe is basically as close to 0 as you can get.

The alignment shop is to blame, but it’s not because of the spec, but where they actually set the car to.

Thanks. I am going to let them try to rectify the situation on Saturday. If they can't fix it, I am going to my old BMW shop take care of it.