Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Picking up my new Model X next weekend.

I stopped by the SC (its a few miles from my house) and saw it. It is not aligned between the front and rear door of the driver's side. It jumped out at me. I spoke to someone at the SC and they told me that they were all like that. However, when I look online and see the used X's, they are always aligned. Has anyone else had something like this? It is very noticeable. Should I refuse delivery?

Thanks in advance.

open
IMG_4299.jpg

...Should I refuse delivery?...

Quality Controls at work again. But theirs is not the same as customers'.

It's just cosmetic and should be easily corrected.

I wouldn't mind taking the delivery as long as Tesla fixes it.

However, if Tesla still insists on its own Quality Control standard, I would cancel this and order another one.

Thanks so much for the replies.

I got the following from Tesla:

We doing what we can to rectify the minor adjustments needed. The FWDs were designed to be functional. The Tesla Service manager told me that if they adjust one side, that it will throw off on another side. The front door and the rear hatch can be aligned.

I guess we'll see.

Thanks so much for the replies.

I got the following from Tesla:

We doing what we can to rectify the minor adjustments needed. The FWDs were designed to be functional. The Tesla Service manager told me that if they adjust one side, that it will throw off on another side. The front door and the rear hatch can be aligned.

I guess we'll see.

I would love to hear how it went for you mpod. I'm wondering if the repair work delayed your delivery or not and if the repair was done to your satisfaction.

I think you did the right thing putting a little pressure on them ahead of time before your delivery so that they actually do something about it and you're not stressing over it on delivery day. I wish they would automatically fix the noticeable things before delivery for everyone.