Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment knocked out of whack...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not as far as the east coast, but he does have another shop he's opening in Vacaville, California which is towards Sacramento off of I-80. So if there are any Roadster owners up that way that may be another option for people. He has a Race trailer so for whatever reason if the Roadster needs to be trailered from Vacaville down to San Jose and back he has that capability. He also indicated that if someone was active in Racing their Roadster that he can load / trailer the Roadster to the track as well and that there's a neighbor who has a Model S and Roadster Charger so that's super convenient!

I think as for the east coast and places far away I'd take Strider's recommendation and find a Lotus repair shop that has a good reputation (and one that preferably is active in the racing circuit). You might also be able to mail Rob and he possibly could recommend a Lotus connection for you as well. I do know that Rob said you may order the shocks/springs from him and have them shipped to the shop that's putting them on for your Roadster. Rob would communicate to the repair shop on how to set the shocks up properly for your Roadster (Since I was looking out for Roadster owners Nation and WorldWide with this upgrade).

Holy Sheez!! I LOVE IT!

Just took TC off and took the Roadster for a spin to play a little around some low speed twisties with my new HIDs and Adj. Suspension... Can feel the suspension really good due to the off camber of the road.... wait for no traffic, no people/pedestrians... when its clear a perfect setting to test the car/suspension. The Roadster now controllably drifts, and really well too. Has understeer that's more predictable than before, but you can plant the front back down if you lightly let off the accelerator. The front and rear now work in sync. Can snap the rear out more quickly and hold it longer than before. The car was losing the energy, handling and feel through energy being lost in the old sloppy stock suspension.

A+ upgrade. Cheap Insurance and a nice bump up for pure enjoyment and comfort. The stock suspension just plainly sucks and is dangerous in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: drewski
I stopped by there this morning and he showed me the Nitron shocks. I am thinking of getting the same setup.
How much did it cost in the end, with the bushings, shocks and the new alignment?

You'll have to talk to Rob about the quote... you can get the black control arm bushings (stiffer;cost more) or the purple ones which are more flexy and cheaper in cost. Total cost should not run you more than $4300-$4700 with tax for the full job being bushings, alignment, and adjustable suspension. But you'll have to connect with Rob to get the real quote.

Still very happy, the suspension is dialed in really well. Going to talk to Rob to discuss what I feel/see in handling to see if I can get it any better, but so far so good. I do feel this setup is better than what Tesla offers. I'd love to do a comparison test with the Tesla Roadster Sport VS. Rob's setup using the Nitron Shocks.

UPDATE: Just spoke to Rob, he has 2 extra sets of Nitron shocks that he can use for the Roadsters. He said he'll throw the whole package in since he has everything at the group buy price of $4100 which includes the alignment, rear upper control arm bushings, 4 Nitron Adj. Shocks, and setup. He may have a 3rd set available as well. After these sets are gone it will be a 2 week turn-around to get the shocks ordered from Nitron. And the cost will be $4500 for the setup. If there's a group of people who want the setup he can lower the price down to the group buy of $4100.

Last edited:
You'll have to talk to Rob about the quote... you can get the black control arm bushings (stiffer;cost more) or the purple ones which are more flexy and cheaper in cost. Total cost should not run you more than $4300-$4700 with tax for the full job being bushings, alignment, and adjustable suspension. But you'll have to connect with Rob to get the real quote.

Still very happy, the suspension is dialed in really well. Going to talk to Rob to discuss what I feel/see in handling to see if I can get it any better, but so far so good. I do feel this setup is better than what Tesla offers. I'd love to do a comparison test with the Tesla Roadster Sport VS. Rob's setup using the Nitron Shocks.

UPDATE: Just spoke to Rob, he has 2 extra sets of Nitron shocks that he can use for the Roadsters. He said he'll throw the whole package in since he has everything at the group buy price of $4100 which includes the alignment, rear upper control arm bushings, 4 Nitron Adj. Shocks, and setup. He may have a 3rd set available as well. After these sets are gone it will be a 2 week turn-around to get the shocks ordered from Nitron. And the cost will be $4500 for the setup. If there's a group of people who want the setup he can lower the price down to the group buy of $4100.

I'm in. Putting off the double din upgrade to get this done. I think I can live with adding a backup camera to the crappy JVC KD-NX5000 for now.

a
Getting my shocks Nitron'd tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.

Cool! Let me know how you like them. They've transformed my baby into a true supercar now! You'll definitely be hunting down some fun twisties once you get them. As Rob will sure tell you as he told me, take it easy first to learn the new suspension. You have to really understand the new dynamics and the new feel of the car after the switch. Once you learn the new breaking points, how the car reacts which now is more direct and responsive, you'll feel more confident which you should, and have an instinct to push it much harder now. But don't push the confidence until you've learned it first. Also listen to Rob about what he's learned about your car. For me he noticed my AD07's up front have aged and gave me a warning on how the compound has lost its stickiness and will fail when you need it, especially in rain.

Do you have the CarboTech brakes? If not you better get them. You can't have a good suspension without good brakes... stopping is key and actually should come first. Good brakes work even better with a tighter and properly setup suspension. You're immediately find you're not loosing precious feedback to the steering wheel and brakes through slop that was caused by the crappy suspension.

FYI: I'm also working with Rob to find a better tire combination than the AV0x's we have running... Since I have the 1.5 (with no tire learning) we're looking close at the rotations of the new tire and trying to match that with of the AD0x's. The fronts it appears we're going to move up to a 195 from the 175 stock width. I agree, tires are key to both handling and stopping power.

Last edited:
I was think to buy them to my old roadster but it burned when the our work shop burned down
so i did a investigation what the difference was on them

I have asked nitron about this and did measurements on my old roadster and they sade that was possible to have them made so they fit

• Informative
Reactions: hallvardr
Your basically raising the plate the abs sits on by 1-2 inches.

I'm not sure the plate was effectively raised. I think it's just the "L" shaped metal part that is not wide enough to handle the new suspension, and you just need to remove this part and do something to be able to safely screw the whole thing again. Too bad I don't have a picture taken before the swap. Maybe someone else here can post one to compare the height of the metal holder.

Best regards :)