Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment @ non Tesla SVC - SoCal & I.E. areas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scored a set of used tires (90%) for a good price, my current tires seem to be wearing on the inside more. Has anyone done an alignment at other shops around SoCal? I'm assuming an alignment is not a "Tesla SVC" thing only.

T.I.A.

Scored a set of used tires (90%) for a good price, my current tires seem to be wearing on the inside more. Has anyone done an alignment at other shops around SoCal? I'm assuming an alignment is not a "Tesla SVC" thing only.

T.I.A.

I asked for an alignment once when i went in for service in san diego a couple years ago and they told me they dont even do them (lie?) so i found an independent shop and taught them what to do (jack mode, jack points, low/normal ride height). and now i use them all the time :)

Many years ago a friend gave me the address of some guy who was the "King of Alignment" around the La Canada - Flintridge area. He did an amazing job on my Benz and charged me about $250 for a 4 wheel alignment. I'll see if I can dig up his contact info.

Went to Tire Central yesterday, got there about 11am and it was already a full house, spoke to Alan who seems to be pretty knowledgeable on working with Tesla's. Swapped out my tires with out issue, told Alan I primarily drive on "low" and he said he would be able to do my alignment based on that setting. Total time was about 2 hours, also asked Alan if they could do alignments on M3's and said it wasn't a problem, just that it takes longer on a Tesla than a "normal" vehicle.

Went to Tire Central yesterday, got there about 11am and it was already a full house, spoke to Alan who seems to be pretty knowledgeable on working with Tesla's. Swapped out my tires with out issue, told Alan I primarily drive on "low" and he said he would be able to do my alignment based on that setting. Total time was about 2 hours, also asked Alan if they could do alignments on M3's and said it wasn't a problem, just that it takes longer on a Tesla than a "normal" vehicle.

Thanks for the details about Tire Central - Might give them a call to get a quote for alignment on my Model 3.

Just got my Model 3 alignment done at Tire Central in San Gabriel. I had recently dropped my Model 3 on TSportline Springs (1 inch drop)
Drove about 500 miles to let the springs settle.

Arrived at 9:30, waited about 30 mins since another Tesla was getting an alignment. Took about 1 hour to get the alignment done. Worked with Alan and everything went smooth.

Price for alignment was $100 OTD
Yelp page: Tire Central - San Gabriel, CA

I've attached photos and the alignment sheet.

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: bakerboy
Stokes Tire in Santa Monica. Accept no substitutes. And ask for Jeff Priest.

I researched dozens of shops from San Ysidro to the (SF) Valley.

After Tesla gets done aligning my car, due to, for example, various parts replacement under warranty, the car goes immediately to Stokes. You wouldn’t think that would be necessary. Think again.