Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment Shops near Tampa

Ken87

Oct 12, 2019
California
Anyone have a good shop for an alignment they recommend around the Tampa/Brandon area? Not wanting to take it to the Tesla SC. Just got my car last week and can tell the alignment is way off. But I'll be tracking my car as well and doing a lot of suspension mods and want a good place to take it to regularly. The places I've called around here so far won't touch it.

I'd try Advance Performance Tires and Wheels (4011 W Linebaugh Ave, Tampa, FL 33624, 813.868.1100).

Not sure if they'd do a Tesla, but I always took my previous cars (which other shops would flat out refuse to do, due to how low and/or expensive my wheels were). Not to mention, they always did a great job.

N0sferatU

Jul 22, 2021
Tampa, FL
I'd try Advance Performance Tires and Wheels (4011 W Linebaugh Ave, Tampa, FL 33624, 813.868.1100).

Not sure if they'd do a Tesla, but I always took my previous cars (which other shops would flat out refuse to do, due to how low and/or expensive my wheels were). Not to mention, they always did a great job.

I was just going to pop in here and recommend them. Yes they will work on Tesla. I've been using them for years for all my other high performance cars.

Reactions: labmixz

N0sferatU

Jul 22, 2021
Tampa, FL
How many miles on your Tesla . Do you need an alignment?

Mine came misaligned from factory. Threw a ton of errors. Had SC fix it. Still seemed like a wheel balance issue. Said screw it I'll take it to Advance and they rebalanced the tire. They have no issues lifting a Plaid. Just make sure car is in "jack mode" beforehand and suspension set to max height before lifting the car.

I am posting this in here since this was the thread that took me to Advanced Performance in Tampa and I’m guessing others are smarter than me.

I just had my 3 into Advanced Performance here in Tampa and this is the report they gave me.

The story goes that they called me out to the car on the rack and said everything was within spec and asked why I thought I needed an alignment and I told them because the inside of my front tires were a starting shred. Admittedly they’re close to the tread wear line but the wear seemed to indicate improper camber to me so I thought it needed an alignment. I had the noisy upper control arms (???) replaced so thought it may have been that. I got out there and their screen showed green and they said it was all within spec so I thought ok then they did an alignment when they replaced the arms.

I get in the car on the way home looking at the report and it showed the alignment was being done against the specs for Model S and not the 3, see report.

I’m looking for an explanation of my values based on the OEM specs as it seems I need an alignment.
340CA480-BFA0-4D13-9021-EF4329F3A7A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 560B1241-F796-4AAC-B643-F616A63E1818.jpeg
    560B1241-F796-4AAC-B643-F616A63E1818.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 9

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC