Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment specs attached

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the alignment checked today at the SC, thought people might be interested to see the specs which are in the attached pdf.

Front L/R:
Camber: -1.0 - -0.1
Caster: 4.7 - 6.7
Toe: -0.2 - 0.1
Front Total:
Cross camber: -0.3 - 0.3
Cross Caster: -1.0 - 1.0
Total Toe: -0.4 - 0.2

Rear L/R:
Camber: -2.0 - 0.0
Toe: -0.05 - 0.35
Rear Total:
Cross camber: -0.8 - 0.8
Total Toe: 0.1 - 0.7
Thrust Angle: -0.25 - 0.25

Attachments

• TeslaModel3Alignment.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 4,576
I'm not a car expert (though honing my knowledge rapidly with this M3 wait lol) but it looks like the alignment has held pretty well, right? Did you have this checked because you had a problem? After how many miles was this done?

I heard some manufacturers add a little negative camber to their specs so that the car will handle better on the turns. But I am concerned this will cause uneven tire wear. I plan to tell my alignment shop to adjust my alignment for maximum tire life the next time I get my car aligned.

I'm not a car expert (though honing my knowledge rapidly with this M3 wait lol) but it looks like the alignment has held pretty well, right? Did you have this checked because you had a problem? After how many miles was this done?

Yes, the alignment seems Ok, I did not have any problems but put new tires and wanted to make sure the alignment was within specs. Car has 6800 miles.

The specs you posted are not YOUR alignment specifications. They are the allowable range of specifications for each measurement.
For example, your left/right front camber is -0.5 and -0.7 (actual), not -1.0 and -0.1

I never intended to imply these were my specs, and don't see why people will be interested in my car specs. These are the model specs, my values just happen to be in the report sheet.

Reactions: tyguy and dfwatt
Yes, the alignment seems Ok, I did not have any problems but put new tires and wanted to make sure the alignment was within specs. Car has 6800 miles.

I never intended to imply these were my specs, and don't see why people will be interested in my car specs. These are the model specs, my values just happen to be in the report sheet.

Thanks for posting those specs. Helpful to know once I receive my own M3 someday (Sept '16 reservation ... yeah I know ...).

Is the camber adjustable on Model 3s? It's not in a l
I heard some manufacturers add a little negative camber to their specs so that the car will handle better on the turns. But I am concerned this will cause uneven tire wear. I plan to tell my alignment shop to adjust my alignment for maximum tire life the next time I get my car aligned.
It all depends how aggressively you corner. If you do all freeway miles then zero camber might work but if you have a little bit of fun around corners then you need some negative camber to keep tire wear even. I run -2.5 degrees on my autocross car :)
Toe will always wear tires more but there are reasons for non-zero toe as well.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones

It all depends how aggressively you corner. If you do all freeway miles then zero camber might work but if you have a little bit of fun around corners then you need some negative camber to keep tire wear even. I run -2.5 degrees on my autocross car :)

One might just caution people without deep pockets for tire budgets that 2.5 neg on a street car is costly. And in terms of toe, are you talking toe in, or compensatory (with lots of neg camber) toe out?

One might just caution people without deep pockets for tire budgets that 2.5 neg on a street car is costly. And in terms of toe, are you talking toe in, or compensatory (with lots of neg camber) toe out?
Toe in. Helps with corner exit stability. It’s a car used almost exclusively for autocross. Tire wear is very even except for one of the front wheels where I’ve hit the adjustment limit at 1.5 degrees for some reason.

I've also had an alignment a few months back after lowering with TSportline Springs (1 inch drop) with a local shop that specializes in exotic cars and Teslas (Model S & 3) No issues with abnormal tires wearing. Normal wear and tear after 7,000 miles.

1.jpg 3.jpg

One question that you might be helpful around is: What can you adjust and not adjust on the stock suspension? It appears that rear camber and toe are not adjustable, a good reason to get the MPP parts. But is even front camber adjustable? Front toe has to be adjustable - would be the first car I've ever seen without it if not? Please advise, as you seem to know the suspension well! Thanks

One question that you might be helpful around is: What can you adjust and not adjust on the stock suspension? It appears that rear camber and toe are not adjustable, a good reason to get the MPP parts. But is even front camber adjustable? Front toe has to be adjustable - would be the first car I've ever seen without it if not? Please advise, as you seem to know the suspension well! Thanks

Only thing that is adjustable is front toe. Need adjustable links for rear toe and camber and probably need adjustable upper control arm for front camber.

Reactions: dfwatt
Had the alignment checked today at the SC, thought people might be interested to see the specs which are in the attached pdf.

Front L/R:
Camber: -1.0 - -0.1
Caster: 4.7 - 6.7
Toe: -0.2 - 0.1
Front Total:
Cross camber: -0.3 - 0.3
Cross Caster: -1.0 - 1.0
Total Toe: -0.4 - 0.2

Rear L/R:
Camber: -2.0 - 0.0
Toe: -0.05 - 0.35
Rear Total:
Cross camber: -0.8 - 0.8
Total Toe: 0.1 - 0.7
Thrust Angle: -0.25 - 0.25

thank you for sharing this!! I’m in Arizona and i haven’t found a shop yet who can help me having the ranges will help me when i find a shop

i may just take it to a service center. Just don’t know if they will give me crap because my springs are from unplugged and i have spacers

While I’m here does anyone know of a good shop in phx Arizona?